Chapter 9

"GET AWAY FROM ME MONSTER!" Darcy screeched at me as I stood confused before her. What had I done? Why was she flinching away from me?

I took a step towards her only for her to back away again.

"What have I done, Darcy?" I asked with sincerity but she sobbed in reply.

Suddenly, my senses becoming clear, I smelt blood, fresh blood.

I look down at my clothes to find them drenched in the crimson liquid. I didn't understand. I look back at the doorway to find a trail of blood following me.

I walked towards the door and peered outside.

Bodies. Bodies everywhere. Servants, maids, friends, family. Everyone I knew was here. All dead...

"DARCY!" I screamed and Darcy sprang up next to me.

"What, what happened?" She questioned, still heavy with sleep. I looked down at my clothes, then at her. No blood.

"Nothing, a dream, that's all." I muttered but she did not look convinced. Instead of pressing the subject, Darcy cuddled into me as I lay back down.

---

"Sebastian," I piped up when Sebby walked back into our bedroom. "Yes, my love?"

"What the dream about?" I hesitated.

"Nothing of importance, I've forgotten most of it. Come along, Tri said he needs to have a word with us." Sebastian replied and laced our fingers together, leading me down the hallway towards Tri.

We entered the room and I was shocked at first. Tri was pacing, his eyes panicky and frantic, this couldn't be good news.

"Right, good, well... Sebastian, you remember the Hat brothers, correct?" Tri's voice cracked as he spoke.

"I do." Sebastian all but growled in response.

"They are.... Back in the city for a while... And they want to stay here...” Tri trailed off at the end, his eyes becoming more excited by the minute.

I turned to Sebastian to see his eyes gleaming red. Who are these 'Hat brothers'?

"Who are they?" I asked out of curiosity and Sebastian grunted.

"Oh sweet girl, they are the most irresistible vampires around! Each very different from the other but all cause mischief where ever they go. I've had a thing for one of them for quite a while! Sebastian doesn't like them, I can't imagine why...” Tri giggled and raised an eyebrow at Sebby.