King

"Mr. Benjamin, I really feel like this could be your shot at life truly. If we conti--,"

"I've lived a long life, Doctor. I've been on my own since I was ten years old. I've seen some things, and when it's my time, it's my time," I said to the doctor, cutting him off from suggesting chemotherapy once a week.
The doctor looked at me as if he had pity, which only made me angry. "Don't look at me like that," I roared.

"I'm sorry. I just hate to see this happening in our community, " he said as he pointed at us both. I've been coming to this cancer center for almost a year, I've been through radiation therapy several times when it was just in the lungs, and this was supposed to be my second round of chemotherapy.

I stood up slowly from the chair
and asked, "How long do I have, Doc?"
Doctor McClain stood with me and, with a heavy sigh, said, "six to eight weeks."
"Well, I guess I got a month to get things in order. Thank you," I replied as I shook his hand. I walked out of the room and headed to the exit.
_______________
"So because of this, I need y'all to start moving shit into different locations, I don't want to know where. All of the connections should stay the same, except for Johnny's shipment. I don't want our family line with theirs. The Salvatore Family is willing to step in place, I talked to the heads of each family, and we all agree to let Blossom be the head for us," I paused to see any reactions--none. "So, with that being said, today is officially my retirement." I leaned back in my chair, symbolizing I'm finished speaking.

"Bro, with all respect, don't you think you should tell the girls," Tee-Dawg spoke up.

I sighed, "Yes, but if I tell them I won't be able to get everything taken care of. They wouldn't let me leave their sight," I chuckled.

"What about Tony?," KayDense asked.

"Well, because he's still doing time and I'm probably going to be dead once he's home anyways, Blossom is the next blood line."

"Well, where is she?," Tommy asked.

I smiled, "Well she's not here because I don't want her to know she's already in the spot. Blossom works better with the unknown."

Tommy, KayDense & Tee-Dawg laughed and shook their head in agreement.

"Alright, so let's go ahead and start making our rounds get everything in motion. Tommy & Tee-Dawg, I want yall moving the shipment from Johnny load to the pickup shop. KayDense and I will go to speak with Johnny."

Tommy & Tee-Dawg nodded as they headed out. Once I heard the back door close and locked, I turned to KayDense. "Watch that nigga, Tommy. As a matter of fact, make sure he's taken care of after all of this is said and done."

"You got it, Boss," he said as we got up to go to the meeting with Johnny. As we rode to the meeting, I thought about the moment that made me into the man I am today...
******
"I'm sorry, but your Father has passed." I looked at the lady sitting in front of me and cried. She grabbed my hands and tried to apologize again. I snatched my hand away.
"I don't need your apology," I screamed. My father was all I had after my mother and grandparents had died three years ago.

Moments passed by, and my uncle Alonzo had walked in. The lady stood up, hugged my uncle, and left out my room. "You know, King, your dad left everything to you. A twelve year old little boy, who can't even touch the fucking money," he yelled.

That was the first time I ever felt the rage of hatred from being the next King Benjamin. And on that day, I was left to defend myself. I probably saw my uncle two more times before he died in a shoot-out. I didn't have family, so when I met Demetria, she became my family.

At first, she was just a play, but as time went by and we became friends with benefits and one thing lead to another, I married her, hoping to change her life, and it worked until Blossom was one and a half years old. She couldn't stop the drugs, the partying, or staying out of jail.

I divorced her, and in the process fell in love with her childhood best friend, Natasha.
******

"You ready, Boss?," KayDense asked.

"Yeah, let's go," I replied, shaking off my memories, we had just pulled up to the meeting with Johnny. I grabbed my pistol out my glove compartment and opened the door. KayDense came to my side of the car and helped me out.

We walked into the building, to be stopped by security.
"No weapons," The security guard said as he put his hand out to stop us from going through.
I looked at his hand then back up to him. "Well tell your boss, the meeting needs to happen right here," I said with my hand still on my pistol.
The guard grabbed his walkie and summon Johnny to come to the gate. "He'll be out in a second."

I nodded as I waited for Johnny to appear. A few moments later he appears with his boys.
"Well, hello to you," Johnny said as the guard opened the gate to Johnny.

"We're not going to surrender our weapons. You should know better than that," I said as I was starting to get annoyed with the entire moment.

"I can respect that," he replied as he playfully put his hands up as if we were trying to shoot him. "So, how about you come down to our gun range?"

I nodded and we followed Johnny through the gates and to the gun range. Once, There we sat at a table with KayDense standing up over us just in case. I really just don't trust this nigga, Johnny.

"Alright," Johnny said as he clapped, "Tell Me King, what's going on?"

"Johnny, we've been working together for about a year and honestly this has been the slowest year with our product."

He smirked and said, "The slowest year. WOW, you know I was the one who introduced you to some of those connections?"

"Johnny cut the bull-shit, We already had the connections, you just made the process faster, but Johnny you're moving slow, too slow," I replied. "Plus, the board agrees."

Johnny started laughing and KayDense and I exchanged looks. As Johnny continued to laugh, I stood up and to be sure not show weakness. "Johnny, this was a nice chat, but business is no longer needed," I said.
Immediately Johnny's laugh stopped, and with fire in his eyes, he screamed "Fuck you, nigga. And the board can suck my nuts," as he spat on the floor.

I chuckled, "See you have a lot of growing to do, Men don't throw tantrums." I nodded to KayDense. "We'll have your cut at the dock," KayDense said as we walked out of the gun range. Once we made it back inside the car, I turned to KayDense, "Make sure he's being watched."