Cherry

"Are you going to the party," I asked Derrick as I rolled up a joint.
"Nah, not this year," he replied without looking at me.
"Are you lien?" Derrick and I have been in a weird space this week. He barely acknowledges me anymore, and to be honest, I'm concerned.
"Why would I lie about something like that?"
I remained quiet, and he turned away from his game, "why you asked?"
"No reason," I said as I sparked the joint. He turned to play the game again, and I picked up my phone to text my best friend.
20 seconds into the phone, I realized that I had picked up Derrick phone instead. As I started to put it down , a message popped up on the screen.
B
Kinda craving you 🤤😋

I looked at Derrick—still into the game. So I texted back.

Who is this?

B
Srry wrong number 😬

I grabbed Derrick by his curly fro, "Who the fuck is B , bitch?"
"Man chill, what the fuck you talking about?"
I punched him dead in his shit. Like why the fuck this nigga always trying me?
He grabbed my wrists, "Chill bae"
"Let me da' fuck go before I beat your ass, Derrick!"
He let me go and I grabbed his phone off the bed and dialed B on speaker.
"Man come on," he said as he tried to grab the phone. We wrestled and he somehow got the phone from me.
"Give me the phone, bitch," I yelled!
"Man chill you being dramatic."
"Dramatic?! Me? Nigga you got me fucked up," I said as I grabbed my phone and keys.
"Man where you going?"
I didn't respond just left out the house, we've been through this so many times he knows not to follow me. Every time I forgive him, every time it's always a different bitch, but same fucking answers. I got in my car and called my best friend.
"Hey bitch," Jas sang into the phone.
"Bitch, he really tried me."
"Girl again? You ain't tired of his ass yet?"
"I'm fed up, for real," I started crying, "Like man Jas I feel like he hurt me on purpose.
"Men only do what you allow bitch, suck that shit up and bring your ass on. Plus I got seafood and Henny bitch so hennything happens!"
I smiled a little and wiped my face, "Ok, I'm on the way." We hung up and I went back inside. As I walked in I heard Derrick's voice on the phone. I creeped up against the closed bedroom door.
"I don't know." "No she ain't seen nothing, she just not dumb." "Yeah I want you too but I don't know if she coming back."
"You got to be the dumbest Mother Fucking nigga," I said as I bust in the room. He hung up on whoever and tried to walk up to me. I held my hand up, "AHT AHT nigga go to B house I'm leaving tonight and you better have your shit gone when I get back tomorrow, bitch."
I grabbed my joint, weed stash, and papers. "I'm dead ass serious Derrick! Be out my house by tomorrow," I said as I bypassed him and left the house for the last time for the night.
—————————————
"Finally Bitch," Jas said as I walked in her apartment, using the key she gave me.
"Girl, I stopped to get some more weed, and shit Randy wanted a feel and I gave it to him," I said as I shrugged my shoulders.
Jas gave me a look and I nodded to confirm her suspensions. "Damn bitch the dick better had been good!"
"It was alright, but shit he got some good weed," I laughed.
"You ain't shit bitch," she laughed with me then stopped, "You know you just cheated right?"
"Bitch, I'm single. I told his bitch ass to be gone by tomorrow."
"Yeah right."
"I'm dead ass, matter of fact, I brought him a PlayStation and you can give that shit to TJ."
Jas eyes opened wide, "You wait until he come back from his dad's my baby gone really love you then," she laughed.
TJ is my god son, he's eight years old and swears he's my boyfriend. Derrick and I have been trying to conceive, but it never happened. I guess God has a funny way of showing you things.
"So, you gone tell me what happened or—," Jas said knocking me out of my thoughts.
"Girl , I didn't even look through his phone, I swear the shit came to me."
"Well bitch spill it," she said as she opened her crab leg.
"I picked up his phone thinking it was mine and some bitch named "B" texted him. I asked about her and he gave me bullshit. After me and you got off the phone I forgot my charger, went back and over heard him on the phone with the same bitch! Then she tried to play me too!" At this point talking about it was making me angry. I felt like I needed to find this bitch.
"Well, I'm always down for ratchet shit when TJ gone."
"Bitch shut up," I laughed. "It's not worth it this time. I don't even want him anymore like that shit dead and all my money I spent this Christmas I'm getting all that shit back trust me."
"Believe it when I see it bitch!"
"Yeah, ight," I replied and my phone started ringing.
Blossom
"Hello?"
"Where are you?"
"Why," I asked a little annoyed; she never cared about me, so why start now.
She sighed, "Derrick called me."
"And?"
"We need to talk."
"Blossom, I don't wanna hear it, bye."
I hung up and enjoy  the rest of my night. I didn't need Derrick trying to maneuver his way back into my life, even if it was thru my phony ass sister.