Chapter 13

My eyes were closed shut. I heard an annoying beeping sound that made me instinctively try and turn it off.

I opened my eyes slowly. I frowned from the sensitivity on my eyes, but I finally got used to the light.

I looked around only to see me hooked up to a machine who was making the annoying sound that I was so eager to turn off. The beeping started to get more intense and after a few seconds a what assume is a nurse rushed in.

"Oh, you're awake! How are you feeling?" The nurse's voice sounded so loud and irritating for my headache. She rushed to press some buttons on the machine.

"My head really hurts." My voice was so raspy that I couldn't even recognize it.

"That's expected, honey, after all, you did have a concussion," She sounded sweet.

I flinched a bit when I felt something cold running through me, but I soon noticed it was the IV that the nurse was regulating.

God, I hate needles.

"I'll be right back, stay still," She smiled at me genuinely and left the room.

What happened? Are Carter and Margo okay? Several thoughts were running through my head, but there wasn't much I can do at the moment.

I heard the door open, and it was the same nurse coming with a little cup filled with pills.

"Okay, you have to take these for your headache, and you should feel better or, I can inject the same medicine if it's hard for you to swallow pills," She was very considerate, and I was grateful that I was in her hands.

"No, thank you," I smiled at her and tried my best to sit up, which in fact resulted in me grabbing my head and falling back into my bed.

"Be careful, you can control the bed height it should be easier that way," she said while controlling the bed for me to be more comfortable.

I nodded at her and reached for the pills. I noticed a water bottle on the cabinet near me, but the nurse beat me to it and handed me so I wouldn't reach for it.

"Hey, uh maybe you know something about the accident and how is Carter and Margo?" I asked hoping for a positive answer.

"Well, for all I know is that the boy got off pretty easy and had some minor stitches to his head, and as of for the girl, she is still in the operating room," I could see it from her eyes, that Margo wasn't doing well.

"How long have I been here?"

"Well, you've been here for a total of 4 hours."

"What happened?" I know she probably has no clue, but I had to ask.

"I am not exactly sure, but I can let in some visitors if you want? I wasn't allowed to do that while you were still sleeping."

"Yeah, I would appreciate that," I smiled at her as she turned around, exiting my room.

I heard the door open once again, but this time it was Carter.

He didn't look so good. He looked pale and had bruises on his face.

"Hey," he said while sitting on the couch that was in front of me.

"Hey," I responded with my still, very raspy voice.

"How are you feeling?"

"Tolerable, and what about you?"

"I'm fine now" he gave me a slight smile, but his eyes showed how sad he actually is.

"What happened?"

"To be honest, I don't know," he took a deep breath and ran his fingers through his light brown hair.