Chapter 12

"I'm Carter,"

"Okay, Carter, I think we should go downstairs," words couldn't explain how uncomfortable I felt.

"Uh, yeah, we should." He moved his tall body, motioning to me that he gives me space to move forward.

I smiled at him and headed towards the stairway.
I let out a deep breath and went down the stairs, where I heard chatter.

Carter and I entered the room, and everyone looked our way.

I saw a blonde girl smiling at me while sitting very gracefully. I sat down next to her smiling back at her.

"Hey, I'm Margo" her voice sounded so calming and sweet, and her appearance helped gave me the impression she is a sweet and innocent girl.

"Raven," I replied. Seriously, It felt like all I did today was introduce myself to everyone.

I saw Carter sitting down in front of me, on my old, blue couch.

I heard my mom taking a deep breath, and fixing up her floral dress.

"Well, me and Sam wanted to let you all know, how much it means to us seeing all of you here."

" Yeah, like that was our choice," I muttered to myself, thinking I was being quiet, but the chuckle from Carter and Margo proved me wrong.

Carter had his legs on top of each other and I noticed how he turned his head to my mother smiling, letting her know he is listening.

" And we wish you guys could get along together like siblings or friends if that's what you prefer," Sam added to my moms' statement.

I noticed to see that Carter wasn't smiling anymore and Margo was unfazed. I didn't have any expression on my face.

I still had my mind wrapped around the fact that I might have a stalker.

"And for Carter and Margo, me and your father Sam arranged you two rooms upstairs so you can stay whenever you want here and decorate it however you want."

I knew that she had in mind my fathers' office and our guest room.

"I hope you're meaning that my fathers' office is still intact and left how it was, right?" I asked my mom, not caring about how I might come off as rude.

"Raven now is not the time for that," I couldn't explain the emotion I am feeling now even if I tried.  I felt Margo looking at me, giving me the " I'm sorry" look.

"That wouldn't be necessary, we can share one room with Carter If something, you can keep the office untouched" I heard Margo trying to talk my mom out of it. I like her already.

"Yeah, we can share one room" Carter agreed to his sister.

"It's a bit too late, the rooms are already empty, and they just need a bit of renovation." Sams' firm voice made it clear.

You could definitely feel my negative aura in the room.

"Yeah, of course, never ask the kids what they want right,?"

"You should get a grip on yourself because you are losing it lately." My mom was losing her patience with me.

"Sorry to get into the middle of this, but Raven is right, you guys never asked us about any of this" Carter declared, defending me.

"Yeah, I didn't even know that dad was dating someone as of yesterday" Margo stated

My mom and Sam looked at each other and I felt them tense up.