Chapter 1

Finally, I was done with school for the year and all of my movie binging starts now. Okay okay, I know I seem like the lamest person you would know but trust me I'm not that bad. 

I turned in my last assignment, closed my laptop and fell into my freshly made bed and sighted. Finally, some relaxation for a few months before my last year in school starts and then I have to decide what I want in life.

 I thought, what do I want in life? Definitely not what's happening now which is literally nothing special or interesting. I started thinking maybe I should do something memorable and interesting this summer but I just laughed at my thoughts. 

I rubbed my eyes and got out the bed and went downstairs to grab some ice cream and I found a note that my mom left telling me she went to get some groceries and that I have to feed my cat.

 I took out my ice cream from the freezer and sit down turning on my TV for background noise while I scroll through my socials. Yes I know it's weird to turn on my TV only for it to make some noise but I don't like to sit in silence okay. 

While I was scrolling through Instagram I stumbled upon a very funny ad about an app that is supposed to find "your soulmate " is it like some knock-off tinder for teens? I laughed at the ad and said fuck it and downloaded the app.

For the rest of the day, I didn't do anything interesting besides taking a nap and dreaming of me being Rose in the Titanic.

It was almost midnight and I was casually laying in bed with my cat watching "The Vampire Diaries" and going through my phone. Suddenly I remembered that funny ad and the app that I downloaded earlier today and obviously opened it and what greeted me was probably a stolen google stock picture of a couple telling me to log in or register to the app.

 It didn't take long to create an account and to be honest, I'm still not sure what am I doing on this app because I am perfectly okay with being single and besides, this app is a joke. After the registration process, some questions popped up for me to find my "Ultimate Soulmate".

"What's your ideal date?"

Ans. Walks along the beach"

Staying in or going out ?"

Ans. Staying in"

Dream place to live?"

Ans. Italy"

"Any visual preferences?"

Ans. No

It asked a few more questions about the terms and conditions which I obviously agreed to without even reading them and got my first few matches which I thought was absurd since I gave the most basic answers to their boring and irrelevant questions. 

It really is a wannabe tinder since I had to swipe through profiles but the weird thing I noticed none of them had any pictures on their profiles. I swiped for some time not finding any profile that appealed to me but stopped when a guy had the same interests displayed on his profile and decided to swipe right and my screen flashed saying we are matched.

I didn't have to wait long enough when I heard a notification sound and saw a message:

@maasimmo
Hey, Birdie :))

I frowned my face reading the message and that's where one of my biggest regrets started.

A/N

I hoped you liked the first chapter even though it's pretty bland but It should get better from here! Vote and comment ❤