Chapter 07 | A

Lmao sorry for the late update! I had it written but my laptop charger broke and I thought it was my computer, so I had to get it fixed. But yeet, here's the second last chapter of the story that was meant to be finished last year. I hope you all enjoy! Despite the warnings, this chapter has loads of fluff in the second half, so it ends on a nice note! It also contains the last bit of angst for this story!

Content Warnings: Blood, murder, arson, shooting, reference to Malik's trauma

The night was thick and dark when the attack happened, the moon covered by a black fog that rolled in from Osaka (with high wind warnings for the next day)

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The night was thick and dark when the attack happened, the moon covered by a black fog that rolled in from Osaka (with high wind warnings for the next day). Miho had chosen it strategically, a calm before the heavy storm so there would be no damage to buildings surrounding their target. She and Mai went out for the night, making sure to bring their phones with them with their location on. Everyone had a similar plan. Most of the inner circle weren't involved - they were sent out of town for the night, to hotels and other jobs that required some close examination.

"You ready for this?" Miho squeezed Mai's hand as they walked up the promenade after their movie night.

"More than ready." Mai smiled though her heart pounded against her ribs like it was trying to pop out of her chest.

"It's okay if you want to back out, you know."

"I don't." Mai shook her head. It was the truth, at the very least. She didn't want to back out and leave Miho with one person less than planned for, and she didn't want to risk damaging the mission's success probability or- wow, she'd been listening to Ryou far too much if that thought was genuinely slipping into her internal monologue. "I'm ready for this."

As ready as she could be, in any case.

Miho nodded and squeezed her hand again. The fire was already blazing when they neared, and sirens announced the start of phase three of the plan.

"Let's go."

Miho started running towards the building, leading Mai behind her. Mehi and Bakura were easy to spot, but none of them interacted as they watched the flames rise from broken windows. They just had to wait for-

"Help!"

-there!

"Help!" The same voice screamed. "Help, we're stuck!"

Some low-level guy that owed Miho a favour. He'd started the fire in the basement with the oil tank. He might take the fall and get a year, but he was legally insane due to his schizophrenia and the favour he owed Miho was apparently big. Really big.

Several people rushed towards the building. Some weren't even in on the ploy - they just wanted to help. Poor souls.

"Where are the fire fighters?" Ryou yelled.

"Ten minutes out!" Mehi replied, like any concerned citizen might. "They won't get here in time!"

"We need to hurry!" Mai called, covering her mouth with her sleeve. She looked at Miho and nodded before running for the stairs. All of the targets were on the fifth and sixth floors, but there were possible innocent civilians stuck too, so it was Mai's job to find the innocents and get them out of harm's way. She wasn't to kill anyone unless necessary.

Raise Hell And Turn It Up || Yu-Gi-Oh Yakuza AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें