Chapter 01 | Can't

Hey, so for those of you who don't know me, I'm Elliot. This was written for the Playing To Win fest and you should absolutely check out the other stories on tumblr or AO3! I really wanted to use this title for something and I got researching yakuza for some reason so here we are. I just wanted a really cute pastel yakuza boss who drinks pink lemonade on nights out and then cuts a bitch without hesitation. So anyway, I really hope you enjoy. Please leave a review if you do.

 Please leave a review if you do

CW: Shooting, hints of abuse

Mai tapped her foot as she scanned the area again

Mai tapped her foot as she scanned the area again. "You sure we're in the right place?"

"Trust me." Jounouchi's face was grim, brown eyes set on the road in front of them. "It's shady, but I know this guy."

"Okay." Mai shrugged and took a right, shifting gears. Her Jaguar was old, but she loved it and its leather seats, and wasn't about to give it up only to spend a few million yen on a shittier car. The wind from her open window tousled her hair, teasing hairs out of her ponytail. "Where next?"

"Pull up at the building over there." Jounouchi pointed. It was run down and painted black with flames on the bottom. Covering the window entirely were sample posters of various tattoos and piercings.

Mai shifted gears again and pulled up on the edge of the path. The alley was old and the lines on the road were faded, but it had a parking space, so fuck it. She parked and pulled her keys out of the ignition.

Jounouchi nudged her. "Hey, Mai, you sure about this? I mean it's not too late to change your mind."

Mai sighed and shook her head. "No. No, I want a piercing." She climbed out of the car. "And I'll get one whether or not you come in with me." She shut the door, and in an instant, Jounouchi was out as well.

"You let me do the talking at first, okay? They know me and this isn't a place you go into without knowing somebody. Clear?"

"Crystal." Mai grinned and locked her car, then made her way inside.

To be fair, the inside of the parlor was a lot nicer than the outside. It was well lit with a pleather couch and cases of sample piercings, along with sample tattoos decorating the walls.