Chapter 06 | Is

Heyo! I finally finished this so now I'm working on my rarepair fic. I'll probably do one short and one long just in case something like this happens again where I start a long thing and then can't get it done for deadlines. Anyway, enjoy, and please donate to BLM groups and causes.

CW: Murder, homophobic/racist/islamophobic/transphobic remarks, sex, trauma (Kul Elna modernised), mentions of sexual assault

The spot wasn't as public as Miho would have liked, Mai knew, but there were spots to hide. Spots for Rishid, Ryou, and Otogi to hide behind pillars and skips with heavy artillery weapons just in case things went wrong. Equally, places for Yami's cronies to do the exact same thing.

Miho had pulled out a wooden crate and was perched on it, legs folded neatly beneath her, with Mai sitting on the side next to her. Around them, the others were standing.

"He's late," Mehi mumbled, glancing at her watch. A speck of sunlight glinted off its golden band.

"You expected something else?" Miho quirked a brow. She had chosen a beautiful purple hijab with butterflies and daisies, along with a violet ankle-length skirt and white blouse.

"No, but it's insulting to you." Mehi frowned, lowering her arm.

"I think you're more insulted than I am." Miho picked a spec of fluff from her skirt and flicked it away. There was, however, a small crease in her brow. She wasn't pleased about the situation either. "He has ten minutes, or we leave."

"No need," a voice called.

Mai tensed, and so did a few of the others, but Miho simply glanced in the direction it came from.

Heels clicked on the concrete, echoing off the walls, and a man stepped out from one of the side doors. He donned a royal purple suit with red tie and brown formal shoes. His hair spiked up around his head, a mess of black and red tips, but his eyes were what caught Mai.

She clutched Miho's arm. A demon.

Bright red eyes burned out of the man's sockets.

Miho gently pressed her arm into Mai's grasp, but it was only for a second. Then she stood and dusted off the back of her skirt. "Yami. You're looking well."