(16) Love vs. Lust

Love vs. Lust

Chapter 16

Cole didn’t mention anything that was said before and I was grateful for that. I had no idea what I would say. I mean I know I love him but I wasn’t sure if I could admit it to him. I was still scared that he was going to break my heart.

He got us some sodas from the fridge and then we headed outside to sit at the pool. We joked and laughed but I was way too nervous to relax and have some fun. There was so many things going on right now and my head was spinning from over thinking all of them.

We ordered pizza and them phoned Conner and told him to come over. Staying home alone must have been killing him. He arrived in a few minutes making me relax a bit. Now don’t get me wrong, I wanted to be alone with Cole but I was a nervous wreck and with my brother visiting I would have some time to sort through some things in my head.

I was still tired and feeling a bit off from the hangover so when Conner left and Cole put a movie on for us to watch, I fell asleep within the first ten minutes.

I woke up the next morning feeling much better. The hangover was completely gone and my body wasn’t aching all over. I sat up in bed and took a look around. I was in the same room where I had slept the previous night. I got up quickly wanting to see Cole. I was feeling a lot better and had sorted through everything that was bothering me. I decided that I was just going to go with my heart when it came to Cole and my feelings for him. I think he really cares about me and I don’t think he will hurt me.

I also decided that I’m going to tell him the truth about me loving him, but only if he asked.  I quickly washed my face, brushed my teeth and then headed downstairs. Cole was nowhere to be found so I went back upstairs to see if he was still asleep figuring I was going to surprise him with breakfast in bed if he was.

I walked over to his room and carefully opened the door trying not to make a noise. I peeked inside and caught me breath when I saw him. He was lying on his bed tangled up in his sheets with only a pair of boxers on. His hair was standing in all directions and he looked hot as hell.

I stood there drooling for a few seconds before I could pull my eyes away. He was still asleep so I would go back downstairs and make us breakfast. I took a step back and was about to close the door when I heard his voice.

“Aren’t you going to say good morning?” He asked in a husky voice telling me that I probably just woke him.

“Oh, Uhm, of course I am. I thought you were still asleep” I stuttered opening the door and taking a step inside. I felt a bit like an idiot for being caught eyeing him. He pushed himself up into a sitting position and patted the bed next to him. My heart flipped and nearly jumped out of my chest as I walked over to his bed.

I have never been in his room before and now I was going to get onto his bed with him while he was practically naked. I was shaking with nerves and anticipation at the same time. He held out his hand to me as I reached his bed. I took it in mine and before I knew what was happening he pulled me onto the bed.

As soon as I was sitting he pushed me down so that I was lying and moved so that he was laying half way on top of me. I was still trying to figure out what had just happened when I felt his lips on mine making me forget everything. He kissed me gentle at first but the kiss quickly grew with passion and lust. The heat of his body against mine was driving me crazy and I couldn’t help but pull him closer. He moaned in the back of his throat as I did this letting me know just how much he wanted me to.

I had no idea what I was doing but he didn’t seem to notice.  He grabbed a hold of my bum making my insides burn as he moved his hand slowly up my body. He reached my top and I was sure that he was going to slip his hand under it when the doorbell rang.

Cole groaned in frustration as he rolled off of me and got to his feet. I just laid there watching him as he pulled his jeans that he had on last night over his boxers. He grabbed his shirt that was also lying on the floor and quickly put it on.

“I’ll be right back” He whispered as he leaned over me and kissed me softly on my lips. His touch send my heart racing again and all I could to was nod my head.

After Cole left the room I just laid there fantasizing about him and what had happened. It wasn’t long before he returned.  He looked irritated as he walked into the room.

“Who was it?” I asked sitting up.

“Reagan” He answered, I could tell that he was upset from the look on his face.

“What did she want?’ I asked feeling myself getting worried.

“She wants to talk to you, she’s downstairs” He replied sitting down on the bed next to me.

I really didn’t want to talk to her right now. I know she is my friend but to be completely honest, I was still really angry at her and she chose the worst moment ever to want to talk. How on earth did she know I was here anyway?

“I’ll go get rid of her” I joked getting up from the bed hoping it was going to be that easy. I really wanted to continue what Cole and I started.

Cole smiled at me and then I left the room and hurried down the stairs. Reagan was sitting on one of the couches waiting for me.

“Hi” I said walking up to her and taking a seat next to her.

“Hi” She replied, looking nervous and scared.

“What’s wrong?” I asked unable to stop myself from worrying about her. We have been best friends for a very long time after all.

“I got all my test results back from the hospital” she answered, moving so that she was facing me.

“Ok, what did they say, is there something wrong?” I asked fearing the worst.

“Yeah, there is something very wrong. I’m pregnant” she stated as some tears started rolling down her cheeks.

“Oh! Isn’t it a bit early to know that? I mean it only happened two nights ago” I asked shocked by her words.

“That’s not when I got pregnant, I’m a few weeks along” she stated wrapping her arms around her tummy. My heart sped up as I realized what she was telling me.

“Whose baby is it?” I asked, my voice crackling as I already knew the answer.

“Cole’s” she answered looking me straight in the eyes.

I knew the answer before she said it but it still managed to send me over the edge. I jumped up from where I was sitting and ran out of the front door. I took off running down the driveway and then down the road. I had no idea where I was going but I had to get away from him. My heart was aching as if somebody had just ripped it from my body.