(8) Love vs. Lust

Hi guys! I've written a piece of this chapter from Cole's POV so that you can understand what is going on. I hope you enjoy and please leave some comments, I love knowing what you all think about my stories.

Love vs. Lust

Chapter 8

I ate some of the pizza while Cole and my brother talked and joked. Every now and then Cole would move and his shirt or arm would brush against me causing little sparks of pleasure to run through my body. I cursed myself under my breath for letting him get to me but I just couldn't help it. I've been feeling this crazy attraction to him ever since he kissed me and I just can't get him out of my mind.

When we were done eating we drank our sodas and I felt more uncomfortable by the second. All I wanted to do was press my lips against Cole's and feel his warm breath on me again but I knew I couldn't do that. The kiss didn't mean anything to him, it was just a dare I told myself hoping deep down that I was wrong. I mean he is sitting next to me and he is being extremely nice to me, could that possibly mean that he likes me to?

I couldn't take it any more so after I finished my soda I excused myself and headed upstairs to my room. I hated feeling this way, I was so confused. I sat down on my bead and started reading my book trying to forget about Cole and everything that's been going on when I heard a car door slamming outside. I didn't want to look, I wanted to lose myself in the book and forget all my problems but I just couldn't do that so I go up and looked out of the window.

There was a fancy yellow sports car parked in the street and a pretty red head girl was walking up our driveway. I recognized her from school, her name is Morgan and she is in the same grade as my brother and Cole. I think she used to date Cole before he hooked up with Reagan.

She got about half way up the driveway when Cole came storming out of the house. He looked irritated as he stopped a few steps away from her.

Cole's POV

I heard a car screeching to a hold in front of the house and a door being slammed close. I really wasn't in the mood for any shit right now so I just ignored it hoping that whoever it was would just go away. Conner jumped up from the couch and ran to the window looking outside.  

"Fuck dude, it's Morgan" Conner said looking over at me. Damn! Some girls just don't get the picture.  

"I'll handle her" I said getting up from the couch and heading outside, I didn't want her inside the house. I didn't want her anywhere near me and I really didn't want Gabby to see her. I think she is finally starting to warm up to me.

I walked down the driveway and met her halfway.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her trying to control my anger. I can't believe I ever dated Morgan, even if it was only for a week, she is a real bitch.  

"I heard you dumped Reagan, I knew you would come to your senses sooner or later. Please tell me that you finally realized you belong with me and that you didn't find another random girl" Morgan asked with pleading eyes.  

"Your right about me dumping Reagan and about me finally coming to my senses" I started to say but was cut off before I could finish. She closed the space between us so fast I didn't even realize what was happening until it was too late. She threw her arms around me and pressed her lips tightly against mine. I struggled out of her grip and pushed her away from me feeling disgusted.  

"I was still busy talking Morgan and I suggest this time you actually listen to what I say. I've realized that I must stop dating slutty bitches like you and your friends and that I should stop being scared of follow my heart. I don't want you and I will never want you again so stay the fuck away from me" I said as calmly as I could.

She looked hurt and shocked but I really didn't give a shit, she will get over it and find some other asshole that will just use her and break her heart. That is what happens when you only date somebody because they are rich and popular. I turned my back on her and walked back into the house locking the door behind me.

Gabby's POV

I could tell they were talking but I couldn't make out what they were saying then all of a sudden Morgan threw her arms around him and kissed him. I felt my heart breaking in my chest. I couldn't watch anymore so I walked away and fell down on my bed refusing to cry. Why did I give myself hope, I should have known that there was no way that Cole would ever like somebody like me.