Part 15

"Harmony? I'm right here, just open your eyes."

"Josh?! Josh!!"

"Shh shhh it's all ok, I'm right here. I won't leave you, go back to sleep."

How could I? I just dreamt of him dying right before my eyes. It all seemed so real... too real. He tightened his grip around me to let me know he wasn't going anywhere.

"Josh, I think it's better if I go to Sophia's, just until I find a stable place to stay."

"Why? Did I do something wrong? Was I too close?"

"No. No, nothing like that; I just can't put your life in danger."

"But you can put Sophia's in danger?"

"You're right! I need to find some place where I won't be found, this is the perfect time to do it! Thank you Josh, for everything. I won't forget you."

"What the Hell are you talking about? Can you explain what's going on? We were fine yesterday and now you wanna leave? Was it your dream? What happened and who am I going to be in danger from?"

"I'm sorry, but some things I can't explain."

"So where are you going to go? What about school?"

"I don't know yet and I guess I'll try to find one where I'm headed."

"This is crazy! Let me come with you, I can protect you."

"Not from everything."

"As much as I can!"

"I know but I can't ask you to do that."

"Well I'm not just gonna send you out without a plan, a place to stay, a place we can meet without people knowing."

"That's just it. I'm not leaving for a while... I'm not coming back and I don't think I'll see you again after today, I didn't realize how dangerous it could be for you and your family. Thank you for everything."

"I'll come with you. We can be together."

"What about your family? Your friends? I don't want you to run."

"I don't know what to say..."

"Say that you will be happy finding someone else and you'll always remember me as the crazy spunky girl."

"Just stay for another night? Take a day to say goodbye to people you know."

"The only people I really talk to are you and Sophia."

"Then say goodbye to Sophia and come back for mine."

"I won't be long."

He just nodded and walked away.
............................................................
"What do you mean you're leaving? You haven't even talked to me in the past two days! I thought you died!! I was going to call the police to look for you! Don't you ever do that again."

"There isn't much to tell anymore. I'm sorry but your big day isn't going to happen. There isn't going to be a wedding anymore, I left Christian and I won't be coming back. I just came to say goodbye and I love you. You're my best friend, I wouldn't have got through school this far if it weren't for you. You would have been the best brides maid ever."

"I know you're not planning on staying much longer," tears start escaping her eyes," which is why I won't ask about why the wedding is off. I can always smack it out of him but what I do need to know is where are you going to go? And who are you running from? I know you better than that, Christian wouldn't cause you to run off."

"I wish people would stop asking me those questions. I can't answer them."

"Is it Victor you're running from?"

"How do you know about him?"

"How do you even know he's coming to look for you?"

"How do you know about Victor?!"

"You mentioned him once or twice."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes you did, when you were talking about what Veronica said to you... Are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm on edge and I don't know, I feel like he is."

"But if Veronica is trying to get back with Christian, then maybe she won't send him after you, ya know and since you already left Christian, maybe she'll think you guys are even?"

"I'm not taking any chances. Goodbye Sophia."

"You can't leave!"

"It's too late."

"Tell me where you're going or at least call me wherever you get to where you're headed."

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you too Harmony. Be safe."
............................................................
"Come here Harmony."

I took comfort in Josh's arms as he held onto me and rubbed my head. The whole day, he didn't mention anything about me leaving or me packing my stuff. He just watched me from a distance and I saw him making a food basket, like I was going to starve the first few weeks. But it was cute anyways. I wasn't going to lie, I felt completely terrified of what was going to happen. It was getting late and I still had no idea where I was going to go, then it hit me. Who always wanted to run away with me. who was always there for me? Toby.

"I need you to know that i'll be alright."

"No, what I need to know is that you'll come back to me. I know we haven't known each other for a long time but I love you. I would go anywhere with you but I also want you to let me in. There's just that brick wall whenever I ask who you're so afraid of, if you told me then maybe I could do something about it."

"There's nothing anybody can do."

"And why not?"

"It's complicated! I'm sorry! really truly sorry."

"If I'm never going to see you again then at least let me do this.."

He grabbed me and kissed me.

"I wish I could do that everyday."

He told me he would wait for me in the room. I texted Toby and told him to come get me and bring his life supplies. I went to Josh and as soon as I heard his gentle snores, I gently rose up and left a note on his pillow. I grabbed all my stuff, walked out of the house and saw Toby in the car waiting for me.

"Are you ready Harmony?"

"As I'll ever be."