Part 11

It has to be Veronica. She's trying to mess with my head! I need to be smart about this; i'll wait for her to make the first move. I'll be ready for you Veronica.

"Hello? Are you still here?"

"Oh yeah sorry Josh. I was in my own little world for a sec. It happens often."

"I know. I've noticed. Well we have been going over this review packet for a while so let's take a short break. Sound good?"

"Sounds great!"

"I think there is some stuff in the fridge to make some sandwiches, if you're hungry."

"Mmmmmm I'll race you!"

I dashed to his kitchen fridge, swung the door open and my mouth dropped wide open.

"What are you doing?! Saving up for a zombie apocalypse???"

"Ha. ha. Very funny. Nooooo we just have a big family."

"I've never met any of your family before."

I've spent about three weeks studying with Josh at his house and the first day we just hit it off. He reminds me a lot of Toby... Well not the perverted part about him but the sweet best guy friend part.

"Well, they work most of the time so I'm mostly here by myself. I'm the baby of the house. My sisters are already in their early 30s and my brothers in their 20s."

"How many are there?"

"I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers."

"Woooooow. How was that growing up?"

"I don't remember much about when I was younger, I barely saw my family then either..." His face expression quickly dropped into a frown.

"Well. Do I have to make my own sandwich being the guest of the house or do I have to threaten you to make it for me?" Trying to change the subject.

"Uhmmm I'd prefer not to be threatened. You're pretty scary when you wanna be."

"Good! I'd like some ham, turkey, pepperoni, cheese, lettuce, and tomato on that. Ooh! And don't forget the mayo!"

"How could I forget the mayo? When it's all over your face?"

"What are you talking about. There's no-"

He took a spoonful of mayo and flung it on my face!

"Now there is. So would you like some more on that?" He gave me a cheeky grin.

"Oh you asked for it now!"

I wiped the mayo off as best as I could and put it in his hair. He gave me a very wicked smile as he planned to pounce on me but I start running to his backyard and took shelter behind his swing. He moved to the left so I flung the swing at him while running the other way just to be tackled to the ground anyways. I turned over with him still on top of me while we both just laughed and laughed and laughed. His face got serious for a sec and his face start getting closer to mine when we heard someone clear their throat.

"Josh? Can I talk to you for a moment?"

He quickly got off of me and start walking towards the house.

"Yeah mom. I'm coming."

What just happened? Did he try to kiss me? I almost let him kiss me??? What's wrong with me. I think I've been spending too much time with him. I should go home now.

I made my way back into the house, grabbing my stuff in the process and was almost out the door when his mom came in the room.

"Leaving already? I'm Jackie. Josh's mom. My son has already told me about you so I am inviting you to stay for dinner tonight."