Part 20

"I'll give you guys a few minutes then." Melanie looked at both of us and said, "nevermind, I will see you at home." 

      I stood just watching Melanie walk away and hoped that he would walk away but there he stood looking as handsome as ever.  I kept glancing towards him but then started to walk away when he start speaking.

"Let's sit down somewhere okay?  I know you're mad at me and I know you think I'm an asshole, but I'm not I swear.  You know me; you know me better than I know myself."

"Exactly, so why come and try to prove your innocence?"

"You know you don't actually believe that, let's just sit please.  Just give me 10 minutes at most and hear me out; if you still want to walk away, I won't stop trying to win you back but I will let you leave."

"10 minutes starting now.  But in these 10 minutes, I have questions I want you to answer."

"Your questions should not be included in the 10 minutes."

"9 minutes and 45 seconds."

"Ok ok, fine-"

"I'm starting.  How did you know where to find me?"

"I asked around and I put the pieces together." 

"What do you want with me?  Don't you already have a girlfriend and don't tell me you want to be friends; I don't want to be your friend."

"The only girlfriend I have is you!  No one makes me feel the way you do.  I didn't sleep with Veronica; I swear it to you.  I don't know how to prove that to you; you're just going to have to trust me."

"Pftt.  That's what you came here to say?"

"That and I know you're in danger.  You're not safe here; if I could find you here, then anyone else can too."

"If they did; it would probably be because they followed you here!  Are you stupid and out of your mind?!  You probably lead him straight to me! I need to get out of here."

"Let me protect you!"

"Protect me?  You couldn't even protect my feelings! How are you going to protect my life?"

"I didn't sleep with Veronica!! And who else is going to protect you?  Toby?  The guy you're screwing while you think of me?"

"Wow. You are so full of yourself; the only thing I was thinking about was how nice it felt to have someone that isn't a liar in my life.  We're done here."

"Harmony, I'm sorry.  I didn't mean that."

"Yes, you did.  Now please leave me alone."

    I stood up and gave him a final look.  I thought it would be the last time I saw him but again, life has other plans for me.

"My 10 minutes isn't up yet."

"I've heard all I want to hear."

"That wasn't what we agreed on; now sit your ass down and listen to me."

"Who do you think you a-"

"Just sit down, please.  I know you don't trust me right now and I also know that just because I came here to see you, it won't prove my innocence.. Which I am by the way.  I love you and I know deep down, you know it's true.  Give me another chance and I will love you in a way that nobody can compete with; not even Toby."

He stared at me like he did before; deep like he could see into my soul.  He leaned closer and pulled my face closer to his.  I closed my eyes and I could smell the cologne I bought him a few months ago.  The sweet aroma filled me with joy but a pang of sadness rushed  in and as soon as his lips brushed mine, I pulled back.

"Don't do that to me Christian.  It's not fair.  I love Toby and I need you to leave me alone.  We can never be together again; I let go of Toby for you and what did it get me?  A broken heart.  I am not losing him again."

   I got up and left him sitting by himself; it took everything to hold back the tears that were going to pour out.   I heard him calling my name but I shoved through the crowd and ran to the closest exit.  It was cold out and it start raining.  I wondered how Melanie got home without the car.  I went into my pocket searching for my keys but they weren't in there.  Oh shit, I probably dropped them on my way out.  I can always go to the lost and found but I don't want to run into Christian again.  I felt like I was  in a movie; my car was the only car in the parking lot but I heard footsteps.

"Christian! I told you to leave me alone!"

"Guess again princess.  My God, is it good to see you again?"

   I didn't have to look back to see who it was; it was the same person from all of my nightmares but only this time, I won't be waking up from it.  I slowly turn but feel something hit the back of my head.  I fall to the ground, trying to crawl away from the person but end up being dragged across the ground.  I struggled and screamed for help but then the screaming stopped; I was knocked unconscious.