ᴠɪɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ

Connor awoke the next morning in a strange apartment that smelt of lavender. At first, he believed to be dead. As to why God would put him in a place like this made him question his own faith. It wasn't until Ariana came from around the sofa with a glass of water and a bottle of aspirin in hand did he remember what truly happened.

On the loveseat next to the full couch, Murphy slept with a thin Princess Arial blanket thrown over him. Too worn out to stay awake to keep an eye out for his twin brother. How embarrassing. His brother is beaten by a doctor and all Murphy could think about is sleep.

"I'm sorry about Ty," Ariana spoke softly, she sat on the coffee table as Connor took a sip of his water.

"Ye mean, Freddrick," Connor murmured while pulling the rim of his glass away from his bruised lip. "Freddrick did this ter me, not Ty."

Ariana sat frozen in place, she gripped the edge of her light brown coffee table. At first, she gave Connor a look of shock. Then as if her suspicion were imagined, the emotion disappeared. Of course, Connor and Murphy would know about their true identities. They were The Saints after all. Even before she knew them by their new title, the brothers were known for their intelligence and street smarts. Nothing could get over them - well, except the knowledge of Ariana's secret pregnancy. Nonetheless, Grace was discovered, and apparently so was Ty's birth given name.

"Yes," Ariana replies coolly, "Freddrick - are you here to kill us?"

Connor nearly choked on his water, gently grabbing the front of his neck with his brows knitted. Everything ached. His limbs felt like glass and his brain echoed as if someone used the top of his head like a drum set. The question made his brain hurt even further. He watched Ariana shift nervously, her brown eyes unable to keep on him.

It wasn't the fact that she asked but that she would even consider the idea. From what he had been told, Ariana and her dreadful cousin haven't done anything wrong. Perhaps in the depths of their darkest secrets, they might have, but Connor couldn't conjure the image of slaughtering the mother of is his niece.

"No, Ari. We aren't here to kill ye," Connor reassured. The eldest twin attempt to smile, rubbing his index finger against the room temperature cup. "We came to protect ya and give ya some information we've gathered."

Ariana raised her brows, curious about his last sentence. To protect and gift the Jacobs with information. She wasn't quite sure what that information might be. It could be anything; About her past, about her future, or about herself. Whatever it has to be important for Connor and Murphy to seek them out.
Irene, steps from out of the kitchen before Connor or Ariana could continue with their conversation. She sighs impatiently, glaring at a snoring Murphy:

"Breakfast is ready. Leave that lazy asshole," Irene spat, pointing her chin towards Murphy. "He promised to help make breakfast last night. Lying bastard."

"Language," peeped a small voice from the round dining table. Grace sat in her floral booster seat connected to a dining chair beneath.

Connor, not seeing his niece yet, slowly raised from the sofa with the help of Ariana. The little girl could be seen from the large opening leading into the kitchen. Her feet swung back and forth as she eyed Connor with curiosity. For the first time in his life, Connor felt his heart grow with so much love and compassion. Grace the image of what innocence should be.

She smiles at him, showing her baby teeth, and he smiled back. Feeling the connection.

"Ye heard the lady. Language."

**

Grace pushed a small spoon full of grits into her mouth as she happily thought of what Connor just told her moments ago. Once the three adults, minus Murphy, sat with Grace at the table, she quickly and with no hesitation questioned Connor about his injuries. Connor first introduced himself then told a short story of how he fought off pirates and won. This caused both Ariana and Irene to burst out into laughter. Since they knew the real reason he held a black eye and the bruised lip wasn't because of pirates trying to take his treasure. Connor simply shot them a glare.