ɪɪɪ. ʜᴇ ɪs ɢᴏɴᴇ.

The next morning came. The reality of the situation sunk in as Ariana lay in bed. Her arm draped over her face as tears roll down the side of her temples. He was leaving her and Ariana couldn't believe this. Her heart ached, being torn into a million pieces. She wanted to scream, shout, and curse Murphy out for not letting her know.

There wasn't even much time to heal or to think this over. Murphy Macmanus made his decision without uttering a single word her way. And as the sun slowly peek above Boston's buildings, the thought of never saying goodbye made this feeling worse.

She couldn't sleep the night before nor could she eat. Nothing would stay down and no one could snap her out of this feeling of dread. Murphy leaving so suddenly just didn't make much sense to Ariana. No matter how many ways she looked at the situation. Every angle made no sense.

Letting out a shaky sigh, her arm slid away from her face. Allowing her teary eyes to gaze at the ceiling. With her mouth slightly open, she breathes out. Retracing the night.

Ariana made it home with the help of Irene. The redhead made sure the rather emotional woman could make it up the spiral stairs, and safely into her studio without much trouble. Irene went as far as to treat Ariana as if she were her child.

"You didn't tell him?" Irene spoke after giving Ariana a small cup of green tea.

Ariana looked up from her tea, gripping the mug with both her hands. She sat on the small sofa with a plush pale green blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Her eyes were puffy and her lips were damp. Irene sat down beside Ariana, unable to leave until she knew her friend was ok.

"What?" Ariana sniffled, furrowing her brows.

"You know what. You didn't tell him about the baby. You could have let him know, maybe he would have changed his mind."

Ariana lowered her eyes, crossing her legs underneath her body weight. She could have told him her truth, but at that moment, Murphy made it clear; He had already made their decision without her. There wasn't going to be any planning between the two. No talk about how they wanted to handle the pregnancy and the delivery of a baby. No reaction. Nothing. There wasn't going to be a happy ending.

"How did you figure it out?" Ariana spoke softly. She took a sip of her tea, blinking away a few tears.

"Remember, I have a daughter. Been there, done that. Noticed that confused look on your face. That attitude I've never seen you have before. The constant calling out due to some stupid sickness. I saw it from a mile away. That's why I decided to become a friend. Not just your bossy supervisor," Irene took out a small box of cigarettes from out of her coat pocket, slapping the bottom end of the package against her palm. "You should have told him."

Ariana shook her head, fluttering her eyes shut. There was no point in telling Murphy the truth.

"No. He made his decision and I've made mine, " Ariana suddenly says, looking down at the green liquid inside of her cup.

Irene had a bad feeling about this. The way Ariana spoke while announcing she too made her decision on the matter. But at the end of the day, there wasn't anything she could say or do to change Ariana's mind. Instead of resorting to a speech, Irene simply lights the end of her cigarette.

"What a day...."

That was right. Ariana made her choice while sitting there beside Irene. She contemplated the endless possibilities of her future. Raising a baby alone wasn't what Ariana wanted. The thought frightened her. She made the decision on her own and there was no changing her mind.