ᴠ. ʜᴇʟʟᴏ, ᴀɢᴀɪɴ.

Ty Jacobs paced back and forth within his home he and his wife had purchased just a couple of months ago. After a raise at the hospital, Ty finally made enough to put down for the mortgage. Being a doctor was hard but at times he thanked God for giving him the gifts to save others. For it not only made him feel better inside but also put a pretty penny into his pocket. His bright eyes fell onto his youngest cousin who kept her own stare on the ak47 on the coffee table. If only he could be pleased about his home without the negativities.

"We knew this would happen, " Ty announced. His hands shoved into his crisp lab coat. Not even twenty minutes after a 17-hour shift, did trouble come knocking on his door. "We knew we couldn't run for long. This was stupid."

"What?" Ariana raised her head, placing her elbows onto her knees. "What is stupid?"

"We settled. We got comfortable and -" Ty stopped his pacing, the photograph of his wedding day nailed above the fireplace caused his throat to choke. "We started families here, Kisha. All we did is create a mess for everyone in our lives. Grace, Irene, Ashlee, and Pamela. All we did -"

Ariana held up her hand, not wanting to hear any more of his rant. As much as she believed what he said to be true, there isn't much they can do about it now but to stand their ground. The message by the Russian Mafia had been made clear after the death of their remaining connection from their past had been found murdered in his own home. The man was a family friend, much older than Ty and Ariana. His days in the Black Mafia was behind him, however, clearly, the boss of the Russian Mob thought otherwise. Still, they hadn't made it clear why any of this is happening. Why she and her family were being hunted down. What exactly did her father do to piss them off this much?

"We don't give up, Freddrick. We don't. As you said, you and I settled and created a new life for ourselves. At the end of the day, we did nothing wrong. So why should we keep running?" Ariana hugs herself, thinking of her daughter. This is what she was afraid of. Why she wanted an abortion so long ago. But, the decision she was so onto wasn't enough to stop her from keeping the baby.

"And the Macmanus brothers? What about them?" Ty finally questions.

Ariana lowered her gaze.

"They are those Saints. Apparently, they've been the ones going around killing every mobster and serial criminal out there. It isn't like we are perfect, Ariana. We did things -" Ty breathes in heavily, "If anything, we should watch out for them."

She knew the boys had made it back. She saw their pictures all over the news one morning during breakfast. She and Grace sat in their kitchen having toast, eggs, and bacon. When Murphy's picture flashed across the screen, Ariana nearly fell out of her chair. Grace, thankfully, was oblivious of her father. She knew nothing of him. Ariana saw no point in having that conversation just yet. Still, it pained Ariana as she took a glimpse in between her child and the man she once saw a future with.

Ariana cried that night. Beside Grace's bed, she sobbed in silence. Wishing she could change everything. For the sake of her daughter. For the sake of Murphy and for the sake of herself.

"They won't because they didn't know anything about our family, " Ariana states.

Was that a good or bad thing? Ariana wasn't quite sure.

Removing the sleeve of her sweater from her wrist, Ariana took a glimpse at her wristwatch. "I gotta go, " Ariana says, standing to her feet. "Don't worry about it, okay? We will figure this out. No one will get hurt." Ariana reassures Ty who simply nods his head. Kissing her older cousin on the cheek, Ariana starts for the door. Leaving behind a doctor and his fears.