Chapter 13 - A Sin Is A Crime Which Must Be Paid

It’s been a while since I last posted!
I’m very sorry!! I spent my whole summer in America (I’m originally in UK in case you didn’t know xD) and my college just started and there are pile of coursework waiting for me to finish Dx

So, It’s my last year as a college student so I have got to prepare for exams and get straight A*s (because I’m Asian ;D). Next year I will be a Uni student which means this year and the next, I will be VERY busy! But I will try to upload whenever I can so for now please bear with me!

Thank you so much for your support!

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON, they say.

……………………..

(RECAP)

“KID, GIMME THAT THING. I’LL PULL!” The helmsman’s deep voice said. Then, I heard the grunting sound of the machine and then suddenly, it came alive as it roared. “ALRIGHT!” Matt cheered.

“NOW, LET’S GO BACK!” Keith yelled, “STEPHEN-“

In a flash, Leah ran out of the room and shouted in hysterical, “WHERE IS STEPHEN?!” The wind blew through the door as if we were in the middle of a hurricane. I had just realized that I haven’t heard Stephen’s voice after a while. I thought it was weird.

Keith yelled through the sound of thunder and heavy rain, “HE FELL!”

“Oh, shit.” Matt swore under his breath as the helmsman went to steer the ship around.

Stephen fell?

……….

Leah’s POV

The sound of the heavy rain dropped and hit against the roof and window like rocks battering against the wood. It thundered violently, surprising Annie and Kylie. The darkness finally took over and the atmosphere grew heavy and tense. There were barely electricity and could only rely on the kerosene lamps to carry around and the candles resting on the tables. Savage winds pushing through the trees to make unpleasant rustling noise and the mammoth waves from the distance violently crashes against the shore. I found myself sitting and waiting helplessly inside a cabin somewhere in an isolated small island.

We finally landed not long after Stephen disappeared into the sea.

I didn’t know what else to do. If I had a choice, I would have dived into the sea without hesitation despite the violent weather, but because I’m pregnant, I.. I just can’t.

We all gathered inside the main living room as everyone waited anxiously. The heavy tension in the atmosphere was so suffocating; it’s hard to stay calm. The rescue team were discussing on what to do. To go out in this kind of weather is dangerous, but if we wait too long, it would be too late for Stephen.

“Screw this. I’m going.” Matt said, aggressively grabbing the kerosene lamp that was resting on the table in front of him. He had been waiting so anxiously, so impatiently that he finally snapped. The light surrounding the center of the room left with him as he reaches by the door, only to be stopped by Keith.

“Think logically, Matt.” Keith said angrily, the voice of sound reason. If it weren’t for Keith, I would have ran out there, blinded by anxiety and fear, “Going out in this weather is dangerous.”