11 | reconciliation

— RESTART, RESET —

— RESTART, RESET —

LET'S START ALL OVER
AND INTRODUCE
OURSELVES AS
OURSELVES

     THE IMAGE OF ASLAN seemed to criticize Jamie as she sat on the floor staring up at the lion

     THE IMAGE OF ASLAN seemed to criticize Jamie as she sat on the floor staring up at the lion. She wasn't sure when she started believing that Aslan didn't like her very much, she just knew she did. And as she stared up at his carving on the wall she thought about the first time she met him.

     When Jamie was younger, she hated lions. She always preferred wolves, which was kind of ironic given the situation that wolves stood for evil in the Narnian world.

     But when she saw Aslan, she had the incredible urge to run to him and engulf him into an embrace. Though Jamie had to stop herself from doing so, because Vraios and Gerasmia had reminded her many many times to show respect towards the great lion. And running to hug him without any prior warnings could just come off as rude.

     Aslan had shown her a vision of a happy Narnia. The Golden Age. And she remembered herself hoping, wishing, she could live to see that day when Narnia was a free kingdom, and everyone was merry and contented.

     She thought about how Yoringal didn't live to see that day. And how he should have. He deserved to see the free Narnia, but the Velestian Pirates had to take his life before he could.

     But then again, neither of them would have lived to see the Golden Age either way.

     Sure everything was quiet and peaceful when she had left Narnia to return to their world. But compared to the visions Aslan had shown her, it was nowhere near the same. In the Golden Age, everything was alive, and the peaceful Narnia Jamie had left was the kind of Narnia with no invaders, but everything else was still dead inside.

      She was broken out of her thoughts when a voice said to her right. "So you prefer to be alone?" Looking in that direction, she meets the gaze of Peter's, who was looking down at her seeing as she was sitting on the floor, her back against the stone table.