12 | monomachy

— DUEL TO THE DEATH —

DUEL TO THE DEATH —

I HATE THAT
WRETCHED
SOAP BOY

     WHILE THE NARNIANS prepared for their battle, Caspian tightens the reigns of Desrier and helps Susan and Lucy get ready

     WHILE THE NARNIANS prepared for their battle, Caspian tightens the reigns of Desrier and helps Susan and Lucy get ready. "Desrier has served me well. You are in good hands." He says, consequently looking up at Susan, who sat in front of Lucy with her hands on the reigns.

     "Or hooves." Lucy jokes, a big smile on her face. A smile makes its way onto Caspian's face as well as he stops to look up at Lucy, acknowledging her attempt at lightening the mood.

     The horse snorts, stomping her hoof on the ground as if she understood. She couldn't talk like the animals in Narnia, for she was a Telmarine bred horse, but she seemed to understand their conversation anyway.

     Caspian looks up at Susan, now with a serious look upon his face. "Good luck." He quietly says.

     Pressing her lips into a thin line, Susan thought there was no need of luck, but acknowledged the word anyway. "Thanks." She mutters back.

     As if the memory made its way back to him, Caspian looks down and retrieves something from his satchel. "Look," He starts to say, pulling out what seemed like Susan's horn. "Maybe its time you had this back." He continues, holding out the horn for her to take.

     Susan eyes it for a while, before smirking down at the smitten Prince. "Why don't you hold on to it?" She muses. "You might need to call me again." She continues, pulling on the reigns of the horse as if to prep it for a gallop.

     Caspian had an amused look on his face when he looked back up at Susan. No one had talked to him that way, and it was certainly a new feeling.

     Susan was never one to flirt. In fact, she hasn't flirted with a guy her whole life. Since everyone back in London seemed to be oddly irritating, she certainly didn't expect to cross paths with someone like Caspian in Narnia.