14 | hiraeth

— THE CALL BACK —

— THE CALL BACK —

I'LL COME BACK
WHEN ITS OVER
NO NEED TO
SAY GOODBYE

     THE REMAINING TELMARINE SOLDIERS decided to surrender as they remove their armor and hand their weapons over to the Narnians

     THE REMAINING TELMARINE SOLDIERS decided to surrender as they remove their armor and hand their weapons over to the Narnians. They were glad to be spared by the Water Being, who seemed to have only killed Sopespian.

     Lucy sheathes her dagger as she smiles at the five monarchs who were walking towards her and Aslan. Upon seeing Aslan, the five immediately knelt down and bowed their heads as the Lion acknowledges them.

     "Rise, Kings and Queens of Narnia." Aslan says, resulting in Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Jamie to stand up. Meeting the Lion's gaze, Jamie couldn't help but smile upon seeing him after a very long time, to which Aslan responded with a soft smile. Seeing as Caspian remained kneeling on the ground, Aslan added, "All of you."

     Upon hearing this, Caspian looks up at Aslan with a shocked look, "I do not think I am ready." Caspian replies, looking back down on the ground.

     "Its for that very reason I know you are." Aslan counters, smiling down genuinely at the Prince. And now, he was King. Caspian gives up reasoning out with Aslan, and stands up nonetheless.

     Their little moment was interrupted when a small parade of mice came towards Aslan's direction as they blew on their pipe, eliciting sorrowful music. The mice were carrying Reepicheep who had been injured in battle, and they slowly set him down.

     Lucy rushed to his aid, taking her healing cordial out of her pouch and letting a drop directly in Reepicheep's mouth. The mouse lets out a few gasps for breath and he was recovered like magic. "Oh, thank you, Your Majesty." He manages to say, forcing himself to sit up. His friend helps him stands up as he turns to look at Aslan who was looking down at him as well.

     "Oh! Hail, Aslan! It is a great honor to be in — oh!" Reepicheep was cut off as he stumbled, realizing he was lacking his tail, consequently gasping out in horror. "I'm completely out of countenance! I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion!" Reepicheep exclaims, embarrassed. Turning to Lucy, he asks, "Uh, perhaps a drop more?"