03 | heraldry

A/N: this chapter may tackle folklore so I just wanna clear out that whatever may be written here is just a figment of my imagination and is fiction.

DESIRE THOU CHAIR HITTING

AWW I REALLY
WANTED TO HIT
THAT TELMARINE WITH
A CHAIR,, MAYHAPS?

      BERUNA WASN'T EXACTLY their go-to vacation spot since Telmarines have basically infested the place near the ford

     BERUNA WASN'T EXACTLY their go-to vacation spot since Telmarines have basically infested the place near the ford. Cutting down trees and yelling timber and sawing wood were what Jamie saw and heard as the six of them peeked at the scene from behind chopped logs.

     A little ways from them, Miraz arrives on horseback, forcing them to duck behind their hiding spot. "Perhaps this wasn't the best way to come after all." Susan whispers to Peter.

     "Yeah, no shit Sherlock." Jamie mutters to herself. Edmund, who supposedly heard her, knit his eyebrows at her, probably wondering why she retorted to herself. "What?"

     "Nothing." Was his reply.

     Shortly after, Peter sneaks back to where they came from, the rest following suit. Arriving back at the gorge, it seemed like they had to brainstorm how to cross it now, and that made Jamie excited.

     "So, where exactly do you think you saw Aslan?" Peter asks a grumpy Lucy.

     "I wish you'd all stop trying to sound like grown-ups. I don't think I saw him, I did see him." And Lucy talks sense once more. Damn was she spitting out burns every single time. Jamie thinks to herself.

     "I am a grown up." Trumpkin mutters, making Jamie let out what seemed like a sob but was actually a laugh. Instantly covering her mouth, Jamie settled on looking at the ground, ignoring the weird stares from her companions.

     "It was right over..." Lucy was about to say when the soil under her crumbles down and she let's out a scream as she falls.

     "Lucy!" Susan calls out, Peter, Edmund, and Trumpkin consequently rushing to see what happened to Lucy. Yet Jamie stood there wondering. If she had fallen to the very bottom, wouldn't her scream last until now, but it was a short scream. Curse me and my logic.