Chapter Six

Chapter Six
Nova

"Blue and purple, huh?" I ask after a few awkward moments of silence. Deja nods, and smiles.

"He did save us, you could show a little gratitude." She says quietly, making me sigh and look down.

"I'm supposed to kill him, but he was never even alive." I growl slightly and look down at the linoleum floors as I stand up and stomp my foot. "That's really funny, Luke! Practically impossible mission to complete!" I scream, and swear to Lord I hear his deep chuckle resonating in my mind.

"Well, you're not alive, but you can still die." Deja states simply, and Ash quickly retreats into his room to cover his nude-ness.

"Yeah but I was once alive. Angels are never alive, like born Demons. So again I pose the question, how the hell do you kill something that isn't alive?" Deja smiles and crosses her arms, leaning agaisnt the counter.

"Its simple: You don't." I stare at her for a while, waiting for the punch line, and when she doesn't say anything else, I mutter, "Is this some kind of joke? Are you and Luke in on this together?" She sighs and rubs the bridge of her nose.

"No, what I'm saying is hes not bad. Hes really good. I lied when I couldn't see his aura earlier. I wanted to see why his colours were so goddamn bright. It actually hurt to look at them. And when he sad that he didn't have one, because he wasn't alive and never was, I got this sudden shock down my spine, and a small voice said, 'Oh but you will be.' and laughed. I could only think that maybe, maybe, he had fallen for a specific reason. Hes gaining life force, and fast. His aura is growing so quickly that its blinding." She stops to take a breath and her cheeks turn red.

"Well that was confusing. So, his aura is growing along with his life-force?" She nods. "And there's blue and purple in his aura."

"Turquoise, Violet, and Silver." She mumbles.

"Wow, that's really close to mine..." I whisper, and rub my forehead as I hoist myself into a sitting position on the counter. "Mind telling me what it all means?" She bites her lip and looks away, hesitating for a long time.

"Well, we already know that silver is pure good. He has a lot of silver, his silver is your black. His blue is your purple, a lot but just a little less than the black, and his purple is your silver. If that makes any sense. It tells me that he is pure, hes a good guy. Hes caring. His purple shows me that he could be a leader and grow that purple but he chooses to follow, mostly because of his blue. Its a turquoise color, and regular blue usually means cunning and able to adapt. But his blue reminds me of protection. Hes a protector. I'm thinking that his purple is so small because God gave him so much silver over the years." I blink, and sigh.

"You're really a mouthful tonight aren't you?" I mutter, and she shrugs, and yelps when Ash finally speaks from behind her.

"Ye sound like youre reading from a book, las." He says, and Deja whips around, clutching her chest in horror.

"Has no one ever taught you not to sneak up on the blind girl!" She snaps, making us both laugh.

"So, God gave him silver?" She nods.

"Yeah, like Luke gives you black. The Big Ones influence our aura's. You know, I think he was born to lead but since he was born an Angel, he was immediatley taught to fear Him." She pushes hair behind her ear, staring blankly at me.

"Her." I mumble. Her face contorts and she tilts her head.

"Excuse me?" I sigh.

"Gods a girl. Gordian. Lucifer. Those are their full names. They were born brother and sister, twins. Gordian, or God as she liked to be called, was sweet and caring. The Day to Luke's Night. When She rose to power, Lucifer became angey of how She was creating so many more people and then punishing them for the things She was giving them. When he tried to stand up to Her, She cast her from the Heavens. He fell, and vowed that his children, his creations, would not get punished for the vital and simple pleasure. Like sex, or a humans need to have power. Were all crazy inside, so he doesn't punish murder, he encourages it. He once told me the world wouldn't be nearly as fucked up if we could kill people. There wouldn't be a fear of Death. There wouldnt be war or greed because everyone would know that they need to be living in peace or someones gonna stab them in the goddamn face." She laughs slightly and Ash nods.

"Aye. This worlds changed a lot, and one of those changes is being scared of Death. Death is a fickle mistress and she tempts us all..." Ash whispers, and shakes his head.

"Stop being poetic you're a cat." I whip out, and he snarls, baring his slightly sharp teeth, his cornblue eyes narrowing.

"Don't you think we should tell Luke about Filip?" Deja asks suddenly. I stop and stare at her, then sigh.

"He is my superior. No matter how much I'm mad at him or uncertain about our friendship, I still need to report to him. Hes probably going to be confused about why he got three new souls so suddenly." I sigh and grab Deja's arm, and glance at Ash. "Are you coming or...?" He shrugs and wraps an arm around me. I draw the pentagram and push them through, then step through myself cautiously. When Luke looks over at us, I clear my throat, advert my eyes, and bow lowly.

"My Lord." I whisper out.

"Natalie. Deja. AshFire?" Ash nods, and I stand back up, folding my hands behind my back. Luke doesn't acknowledge me, and I feel a pang of hurt course through me from being ignored by my eldest friend.

"So, Deja, care to explain why there were three new souls arriving here without my permission?" He asks icily, picking at his nails. Like there anything to pick... His nails are perfectly maniqured.

"Well, Nova was taking ne out Reaping when we got jumped by these three guys. We couldn't fight back, and all the sudden, I'm freed. I lurched forward and after a few moments Nova runs over, free too, and by the sound bouncing it seems like she blocked me from the fight. We thought it was you, but apparently it was some guy named Filip and he was a Fallen and Nova passed out..." She rambles, and I look from her to Luke, finding his red eyes burning and staring straight at me.

"Filip? As in... Filip Micheal Celeste?" I nod, and he stands up slowly. "You mean the one you're supposed to kill?" Another nod. " The one who you could have killed this morning?" He hisses, suddenly in my face. I almost wince, then seem to remember who I am. He wont hurt me. I stand up and meet his eyes, then nod. His crimson orbs flash black, and I have enough time to think, oh shit, before he has me by my throat, dangling off the ground. "You let him Go?!" He screams, and I gasp, clawing at his hands. Ash yowls and tackles him from the side.

"Ash!" I scream as I drop to the floor.

"No one be hurtin' my friend!" He screams as he pins Luke down. Luke hisses and bucks his body up, trying to push him off. "No use, lad, only thing you're doin' is arousin' me." Ash grins widely and presses harder down on Luke's wrist, and a bubble of black blood weeps from his claws. Luke winces, his eyes turning back to red.

"Ash, lets go." I whisper, and after an intense staring contest, Ash sits up and stalks back to me. I open the portal and shake my head, rubbing my neck. As Deja enters through, I look back, and sees Luke's face twist into disbelief and then horror at his actions when he sees my bruised throat.

I close the portal.