Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Nova

He walked me home as the moon shone down and cast everything in a silver light. He walked me up to my apartment, and as we got closer, I could hear some blaring music, with bagpipes...

"AshFire..." I mumble and sigh, standing in front of the door. "I'm happy for the sea at home, harooh harooh!" I smirk and shake my head. "Thanks for dinner, Fil. It was great." He smiles down at me and nods, turning to walk back to his apartment when I reach out and grab his arm. I pull him back, and as the song winds down, I turn Fil around. I watch as his eyes widen in shock, a moment before I close my eyes and kiss him gently.

It only lasted a moment, but in that short measure of time, a momentous thing occurred: I felt someones lips against mine, and I felt my cheeks warm. I blush,sure, but I'm notoriously cold all the time. And I could feel the blood swirling in my cheeks, warming the pale icy skin. I pulled back,and smile shyly, then quickly open my door and step inside, sinking against the door, holding my cheeks in shock.

"Nov'er!" Ash slurs at me from the couch, his hair messier than usual, his whiskey stock surrounding him in empty bottles, and his cornblue eyes dull and bloodshot. I stare at him.

"Are you drunk?" I mumble, turning down the heavy Irish Screamo.

"Aye, Lass! I am!" He takes another swig of his alchohol, and tosses the empty bottle to the ground.

"Um, why!" I cross my arms and glare down at him.

"He 'as a f-oo-kin' who're!" He yells, and stands up swaying.

"Who was?" I push him back down onto the couch.

"'At f-oo-ker who took meh home last week! He was seein' seven other men! Thank God I'm a f-oo-kin cat or Id be worried 'bout STDS!" He yells again, and leans his head back. I sigh and coax him into a laying position, making sure hes asleep before I head to my room. When I close my door, I let out a long breath and collapses on my bed.

×♦×

The next morning, I decided to have a nice lazy day, in a dark red tank and a pair of oversized sweatpants, complete with a pair of mismatched socks. I plop on the couch, listening to Ash's loud snoring in the room next to the living room. I shake my head, he only snores when hes shitfaced, and turn on the Television.

"And in more recent news, there seems to be an uprising in crime activity in the area- especially murder. We have evidence to believe there's a vigilantly in the area. In the past month there has been several hitmen offed, known child molestors found and left tied up at the police station, muggers beaten to unrecognizable States, and three mob bosses have dissappeared from our little Sin City. More on this story at Ten."

I clicked the mute button, staring at the TV. It couldn't be. He wouldn't... "He is trying to get back into God's graces. Oh lord, hes going to get himself killed- or caught." I sigh and shake my head, sitting there and formulating a plan. First things first, I need to know why Demonic Hitmen were after me and Deja. And to find that out...

I shiver. I have to go find Luke.

With a shaky sigh, I remember what had happened the last time I was there. The angry, firey look in his eyes. Ive seen that look many times, when he'd make lower Demons piss themselves because they had crossed him. But I had always had a small smug satisfaction that he would never turn that gaze on me. Boy was I wrong. I'm just another lowly demon to him- not even! Just a small insignificant fucking reaper. I'm just his amusement. But hes still my Lord and I still need to confront him. With another sigh, I stand up, forgetting I'm wearing my lazy day clothes.