Chapter Five

Chapter Five
Nova

I jerked my body back and forth, desperate to escape from the male's grip. Deja starts screaming through the mans hand, thrashing her head back and forth, her pure white hair flying in every direction. Jesus Christ, Nova, save her! My mind screamed at me as I kicked back, barely making the man budge. Her luminous eyes meet mine, filled with fear and the inner voice starts screaming more. Get out of here! Don't let her get hurt! Natalie Please! I felt hot tears drip down as the men talks gruffly to one another in what sounded like German. I bit down on the guys hand that which was previously covering my mouth. He jerks back, yelping in pain.

"Listen you fucking Nazis! Let us go or I'll-" My tyrant is cut off as there's a swift slap to my face. Not too long after the hand is replaced, and were dragged backwards, farther into the alley.
Oh God almighty Please!

As soon as the words left my lips, the man is ripped away from Deja, and there's a scream as Deja lurches forward. One of the other men screams something in that same rough language. There's one more scream, aubruptly cut off by the sound of metal slicing through skin, and a loud thump and a rolling wet sound. One of the men behind me is pulled away, and there's the sounds of a scruff, as I run forward and push Deja behind me.

"What the hell?" She snaps, and I hear someone hiss out, 'Get your ass back here,' in a deep, angry, and terrifying voice. The kind of terror that was inspired in me has only been brought upon by Luke before.

"I-I think its Luke..." I whisper, but Deja apparently cant hear me over the sounds of the fight. When the sound of a liquid splashing against the walls ends all other sound into silence, I push Deja back even further, not entirely sure of my standing with Luke.

"Are you guys okay?" A soft voice asks, clearly out of breath. Th-Thats not Luke.... I think, just as the first snake-bite glistens from the shadows.

"F-Filip?" I whisper, staring wide eyed as he steps from the shadows, covered in blood, his chest heaving from the fight, a long claymore gripped in his hand.

And from his back protrudes two graceful black angel wings.

"No fucking way." Is my first response, followed by me becoming lightheaded. Deja supports me, and lays me down.

"Filip? Who the hell is Filip? Why can I only see your aura? You know being blind really sucks ass sometimes!" She yells, and startles as Filip touched her shoulder.

"You cant see my Aura because I don't have one. I was never alive." He whispers comfortingly, which just makes her freak out more.

"Wh-What... So... This entire fucking time... Comet... Luke, they... They were all Right!" I sit bolt upright, choosing to ignore the wave of vertigo that hits me like a freight train.

"Really? You're a lot smarter than that, Natalie. Who was really right here?" He asks slightly, and I blink at him, staring at him, with his black, bottomless eyes seemingly looking right through me. A calm sensation sweeps over me, and I suddenly just want to sleep...

Sleep...

The world goes black, and the last thing I hear is Filip asking Deja where I live.

♦×♦

The light filtered in through the blinds, and I woke up, a damp cloth layed agaisnt my forehead. I glance over to see Filip, snoring and fast asleep, his wings wrapped around him in a protective cacoon in my chair.

"Fil." I say, my voice scratchy from my sleep. Instantly, his eyes snap open, and he becomes alert.

"You're awake." He says simply, sitting up, and retracting his wings back into his back.

"And You're a fucking Fallen." I hiss out. He shrugs. "No goddamn wonder I thought you looked Cherubish!" He rolls his eyes and grins, motioning to the water bottle on my night stand.

"Drink up, you sound like you smoke a pack a day." With this, he stands up and sweeps himself from the room, leaving me alone. I chug the water and stomp out after him.

"You're a fallen! Are you serious? And.. And... Ugh!" I scream, and glance at Deja blindly petting Ash in cat form, who stares at us in contempt.
Probably because Filips an overgrown bird... My mind whispers, making me cough in an attempt to cover my laugh.

"Yes." Filip says as he locks the door, turning back to me. I back up slightly, gripping the cow, and slipping my hand into the ash. "And you're a Reaper." He says in contempt, taking another step forward.

"S-So?" I ask, as he takes another one, and another...

"Well, if its all the same to you, I don't enjoy being labeled." He hisses, that same tint of danger in his voice as his eyes. I see Ash launch off the couch, and as he leaps over the counter, yowling and claws extended, I throw the ash out, making him transform mid-air. He screams, and tackles Filip to the ground as I grab a butcher knife, rock-star slide over, and press the tip against his throat.

"Well, I don't enjoy feeling threatened in my own home." I hiss right back, and he laughs.

"So kill me. I know I'm you're next assignment. Do you know how easily you could become a Demon, right here, right now?" He says tauntingly. I growl and raise the knife over my head, gripping it with both hands and aiming for his throat. As I bring the knife down, he whispers, "Maybe now she cant kick me out." And at the last second, my hand swerves to the right, missing his throat by a hair.

"What?" I ask.

"God. Maybe if I'm dead, she cant kick me out again." He says simply.

Okay, so, yes, God is a girl.

Deal with it.

"If I kill you, you ain't going to no heaven boy." I growl, and he shrugs.

"Well Ill be useful at least." He says earnestly, his dark eyes boring into my soul. I growl and go to raise the knife again when I hear, "Let him go." from Deja.

"Excuse me? I am not gonna-"

"He has purple too. And Blue." She says, and crosses her arms. The way she stands leaves no question. I hesitate for a second, then push the naked Ash off of Filip.

"Go." I hiss at him. He sits up, and stares at me in shock. "Go! Before I drive this through your temple!" He stumbles to his feet and darts from my apartment.

"You better be right about this." I hiss, and Deja smiles.

"Don't worry: I'm always right."