Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Nova

"I beg your pardon?"Luke says after a second of shocked silence. I glare at him, and start walking towards his throne slowly.

"Seriously? The first friend I make and you make me kill him?" I snap. "Maybe theres a reason you and Ash are the only people I hang out with-You make me kill everyone else!" I scream. He stands up, his face turning red.

"Natalie-" He starts.

"NO! You dont get to speak yet! I understand you're the king of Temptaion and everything, but-"

"Lord." A soft voice sounds from behind me. I whip around, narrowing my eyes at Deja.

"What are you doing here, Blindy?" She stares at me defiantly, standing strongly.

"I was meeting with Lord Lucifer. I had a few questions about Reaping." Theres a quiver in her voice, but you could never tell if you were just looking at her. She stood defiantly as I glared at her. She cleared her throat, and lowered her chin, turning her unseeing eyes towards me. "I also wanted to know why I can see colors now in the shape of people. Like lights."

"Auras, dear." Luka mumbles softly from behind. I turn towards him. "And you, Natalie, are so out of line its not even funny. Friend? What in hell would possess you to befriend someone like that." He spits in disgust.

"Someone like that? Someone like what? Comet was saying something like that too, got us kicked out of his pub. Hes a human, so what? Whats so wrong with him being human? If you remember, you were a human, I was a human, Deja was-"

"You dont remember, now do you?" He cuts me off, staring down at me with a hard, cold fire in his eyes. I stare back up at him, my mouth dropping open. I take a step back, and hiss out, "Go fuck yourself, Lucifer." I turn and as I'm walking away, I throw out the pentagram. I step through, and collapse onto my bed. Theres a blip, and I look over to see Deja following me through the portal.

"What do you want?" I grumble, laying my head back down on the pillows. She sits next to me, her hand searching for my leg, and when she finds it, she rubs my thigh slightly, trying to comfort me.

"You're a good person, Nova. I can see that." She chuckles. "Funny... the blind girl can see better than the girl who can see." Her hand trails away from my leg, and she turns her head towards me, almost like shes really seeing. Which, I realize, she probably is. After staring at me for a little bit, she whispers, "No, its not really seeing. Its... Sensing. I can sense the colors, and I remember them from before I was blind. Then I get these feelings about the colors... Like, how you're purple with mixes of silver, and streaks of black. I can tell from the black, you're always feeling alone, and the silver makes me think that you were'nt supposed to ever get any black. Lucifer has a lot of black... I think he's been influencing your colors. The silver is shying away from the black, because there's less silver than the black. It's scared..." She mutters, her blank eyes never leaving mine.

"What about the purple?" I whisper back. She smiles and looks away.

"The purple is rare. I never see any purple in anyone... Its like... jaded... You're purple is tired of the black and silver. But it comforts the silver. Its showing me that you're a lot smarter and wiser and stronger than you may think, and that even though most of the world sees you as a bitch and mean and emotionless, you feel everything, more than you may say or admit to." I sit up, and shake my head.

"Thanks, I think..." She nods.

"Why are you so upset about Lucifer making you kill this guy? I mean... you could make friends anywhere. How'd you even meet?"