EIGHTEEN

Chapter 18
Nyxs POV

The feel of his large hand wrapping around my neck felt bitter sweet, as it was accompanied by tingles and coldness. I was prepared to welcome the sensation however things went awry than I had planned in my head.

To those who witnessed the short and unexpected moment of my mate forcing me to comply by snapping my neck- it must have seemed as though I was sent into a land of unconsciousness. Sadly he threw me into a pit of empty darkness where I'm endlessly falling... My body keeps on going down yet it does not fall onto something, there's no awaiting surface that I'm hoping to fall on to. I'm convinced that I'm in a dark abyss of torture because as I fall I feel as though I'm being stripped out of oxygen, my lungs are burning and I can't scream because I know that screaming will make my chest burn even more that it is.

This, being a new thing to me makes me question wether he did it obviously or obliviously, Edward wore a sorry face when we looked at each other before this happened.

At the beginning of my fall I could only hear the serene sound of waves crashing and birds accompanying them will a Hawaiian melody. Those were the only sound source in this darkness surrounded place. One moment I was falling then the next I was brought back to when Edward looked at me pitifully and my neck was snapped... After seeing that I fall into what feels like three minutes of sleep lying on the softest bed, only to wake up in the same abyss of darkness but with a change of sound.

When it first happened I heard the sound of the ocean, the second time I heard a piano playing, the third time I heard wedding bells ringing- then after the melancholic sound of bells there was a commotion which was shushed by what sounded like a voice of an elderly male. Once there was no noise a female voice spoke, she said- "I do," Putting those two together I figured that it must be a scene from a wedding. That's when intrigue swallowed my agony, it all made my heart palpitate for an unknown reason. I listened in as silence blanketed the place. That little moment of silence was disturbed by a deeper voice, a voice that I can conclude that I know very well, a voice that makes my heart beat in undeniable joy say, "I love you Katherine Russo..." Although at his low, husky and sensual voice I could tell that the scenery has now changed and I've been taken to a quieter place, a place where there are only two people in their idyll moment. Katherine, I assume, says "I love you too, my love." In return and I picture her with messy hair and a big smile on her face from those words she uttered. The words were followed by silence and the silence was followed by an agreeing humming sound, I can conclude that the words were sealed by a kiss from a low moan I heard. It makes me believe that they're probably in their honeymoon since I previously heard a wedding commotion, all of that threw my vulnerable heart into the floor where it shattered into million bits of pieces. I could hear that he's happy, he was happy with someone other than me.

I don't know where I was when that occurred but I think it was too late for any hope of us... I just feel it and that thought hurt because I know it'd be my fault. Because I break everything I hold, in this case, I break everything that I'm given.

Darkness leaves my sight in an instant and I see Edward again, then I'm thrown into sleep.

When I wake up this time I'm on the edge of a cliff with nothing but my undergarments on... I'm baffled as this time around I'm provided an image instead of just sound. I see myself walking to the edge of the cliff and just as I'm walking a voice calls my name making me come to an abrupt stop, I halt the turn back. I see Kai running towards me in his wolf coming out from the forest with loud growls of a King that shakes the ground.

Those sounds send shivers down my spine, I'm not certain wether it was him or the chilling weather conditions, now that I think of it I'm unfamiliar with these surroundings. My eyes do not drift from his running wolf and when he's a short distance from me he pauses, shifting to his human form while his warriors appear from the woods in large numbers but they don't come any closer. They stand and watch the two of us warily.