THIRTY-TWO

CHAPTER 32
Nyx's POV

I was awoken from a painful slumber by the feel of a sharp knife gnawing through my fur, causing blood to gush through my fur. My wolf let out a loud pained howl. The pain shoooting straight to my spine and spreading throughout my body. I thrashed only to realise that I was trapped. Brutually so. Purposefully so. "Don't hurt it too much Ian."

"Ma said to play wit it." I noticed that the same two boys are here in the room. It's white. The sharp stinging never ends, for a moment I wanted to understand what this is. What this was.

I laid there in pain thinking about the next step and its consequences.

My head moved left to right slowly due to the sharp piercing. I could feel my heart beating against my chest. With every cry I let out I think it was due to the tiredness I've endured. The boy went about his torture for less than ten minutes, before I started feeling maddened. Livid and vengeful I started feeling my bones realigning sharply. "What would happen if we were to cut her-" the boy who was now speaking with his face directed away from me came to a pause when he heard my bones snapping and snarls coming from within me. The shift was so enlightening and tear worthy at the same. "Randall..." he trailed to the other one as my frame elongated and I turned even more beast like.

And just like that my beast was in the front, hoping to block both Elena and I from controlling her since she's lethal.

The boys looked at my frame and cowered. I felt less pain than I did before, thanking my beast for that but at the same time I felt so much in need of rest. Nostalgic even... Standing there in the middle of the room with bands dangling from my form my mind was troubled by visual thoughts, crazily racing I was completely swallowed deep until I felt a grazing fuzzy ball against my skin making me realise that I've been struck by magic. Looking at the culprit I see his wand dropping once he noticed that whatever spell he had cast didn't work or maybe that he messed it up, either way I was grateful. He immediately bolts out the room whilst the older boy looks like he's about to have an asthma attack while he gawks at me hoping to get swallowed by the wall he is against.

So I speed up towards the younger one, by the time I found him he was at the entrance of a certain room. He was too fast that by the time I caught him by hand he was already inside the room so not expecting some lightness in the room I ran into him, caught him then caged him against a surface I sound close. In this case it was a wooden table next to what seems to be a fireplace. His little hands wrap around my large ones trying to escape or make me loosen my hold against him. My gaze was connected to his, sounds of things falling and breaking reached my ears snapping me from where my focus was, kill him. Right at this point my thoughts were clouded by nothing but murder. I snarl, my beast recognising him as an attacker rather than the brat of a kid he is. "Put him down!" A voice said in what sounds to be an authoritative command. My body felt a compelling will due to her words but after much defiance I managed to ward off her spell from being effective. The young boy writhed and gasped for air while my hold became stronger and even more stronger. My resistance to her words was rewarded by having my body on air floating. Since I didn't know what was going on I just moved around trying to grasp on something.

I realised that this is the same spell done by the boys.

As I'm on air along with the child they turn me around immobilising me and it's then that I see the rest of the people in the room. Sitting behind a small table is the boy's mother and on the couch I notice two women nonchalantly witness a show.

One young beautiful woman in her late thirties catches my attention and the more I look at her, the more I realize that she's searching for something on my face as well. While I'm still on air processing that I suddenly found myself falling to the ground but luckily I fell onto some sort of a flying carpet. The other lady, who is also appealing gets on her feet walking towards me, an enormous amount of power coming from her. I realise that it's dominance and stealth. The boy is still here within my hold, my grip a little loose to make him stop squirming. I know that if I let go of him I'm dead meat. He is the only negotiating ticket in my possession and it will end with his death followed by mine if my demands are not met. So I look at the woman as she walks to my direction and I press harder on him, "Let him go. Or there will be consequences." I bare my teeth in no. She brushes me off as if I did not respond to her order. Calmly standing in front of me she says this lowly and with mischief. "You don't know what you're dealing with. Release the boy." I'm on my feet soon after her words with him in my hand. I present him in front of her, turning his head away to show them I can end him in just a snap. I don't smell fear. Nothing of such this making me know that they are very aware they have the power and capability to end me. They exchange quick looks then burst out laughing. "You wouldn't. He dies you die!