The Devil's Belonging 20

'' you need to focus on the goal, Ciale1 there is no other way to finish the tests and exams are coming soon. You need to focus, if you want to pass and keep going to this school and keep your gifts.'' David said as he paced around in his room, my failure in the tests today was disappointing to say the least. He hadn't outright said he was disappointed, but I could easily see through him. I had been thinking about Sam and how I was going to work this out. It didn't help that finals where coming now on top of that. I groaned as he continued with his scolding. I was his best pupil ever and it would be disastrous if I failed now.

'' I know you might look as this as an easy class and don't take this serious because. ' hey there's always next year' no it isn't. Your gifts will be ripped from you, and you will have no memory of ever being in this school or meeting anyone of these pupils.'' David stopped pacing for a while before he started again. All this over one single mistake.

'' I know that, and I do take this class serious. I only made one mistake, the world isn't going under you know.' I said as he paced around, my comment stopped him.

'' and here I was, thinking that you understood the point. In real life, if a demon comes at you and you slightly calculate its distance. Do you think it would stop and give you a new chance? No it would kill you, do you understand?'' he asked for the hundredth time, I nodded for the hundredth time. '' you are dismissed then.'' He gestured with his hand, and I was at the door before he stopped me.

'' oh, and by the way, you are going to normal class tomorrow and the rest of the week I have things to tend to.'' He said and I nodded and walked out of there.

Finals are coming and almost everyone is studying. Some was practising their magic or how fast they could shift into an animal while others just stayed inside since it was snowing and freezing outside. I hurried inside and into the lunch hall where a lot of students where drinking hot chocolate or coffee. I dragged my book bag toward a table by the large window. I plopped down on the seat with my hot chocolate I had gotten from the machine.

Darling, how are things going? Lucavarious asked me in the mind as I stared at the studying mass of people. Almost everyone had books up or their laptops at their laps. The dining hall was still buzzing with sounds, but more quietly that usual. I took a sip of the steaming chocolate before I answered him.

Things are going okay, I am only glad I don't need to study since one of your servants can tell me the answers. I laughed inside my mind after that. I only got worried when Lucavarious joined in with me.

Why are you laughing?

Because you think we are going to be able to talk to each other during the exams, are you stupid? Of course that won't work. They make this bubble around the school so it will be impossible to hear each others thoughts or communicate in any way. Remember that a lot of students can read minds and communicate via them. My laughter dried up. Was he serious? He couldn't be, he just couldn't.

Oh, but I am. You should've thought of this Ciale. It makes perfect sense. He said while chuckling. He obviously thought this was hilarious, but it was my grades it went out on. And as much as it angered me, he was right. I should've thought of it, of course other people can communicate among all of the students.

I lifted my book bag and placed it on the seat next to me before I retracted a heavy book filled with things I have and will never understand. It was my math book. The worst part of it was that I liked Barbara Young as my teacher, and I wanted to make her proud.

I opened my book and began staring at it. I stared and stared at it, but somehow the facts wouldn't enter my mind like the bright epiphany I had hoped for. I sulked in the chair I had occupied before my bag dropped to the floor and someone else replaced it.