Chapter 11

Recap: "Who gives a hoot about if he's a vampire? I know werewolves and vampires have always had bad blood, but that does not mean that they are all bad people. Stop being such a closed-minded person and grow up."

Jess's POV

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. At least the Silver Moon Pack didn't try to hunt down vampires for just existing. We only attacked vampires if they were killing humans. I noticed how shocked he looked after I yelled at him. Serves him right. Steph was pissed off. My wolf couldn't care less what creature you were as long are you weren't hurting our loved ones. That man needs to be brought down a couple of notches.

"You don't understand. Vampires ruined my marriage. They-"

I held up my hand to stop him. "Just because one vampire hurt you, doesn't mean that all of them are like that. You can't punish all vampires for the mistakes that one made. What's wrong with you? You're an adult. Aren't you supposed to be able to separate personal problems from professional problems?"

I heard Justin clear his throat. "Maybe we should take a step back and calm down."

My eyes narrowed in his direction and he immediately shut his mouth. "You can't tell me to calm down about a topic like this. No disrespect, Mr. Stepic, but your personal vendetta against vampires is wrong." I heard a chorus of agreements behind me.

Mr. Stepic clenched his jaw at my statement, but said nothing. He just looked out the window as if the trees were going to show him what to say.

"So what are we going to do about finding Taylor?" Jason asked breaking the silence. No one answered at first. We all stood in Mr. Stepic's office trying to process all the information that was shared about Taylor's past.

"I think we should let her stay with the vampires."

Everyone's snapped in Sam's direction.

"How could you even say that?" Jason asked her. My brother looked at Sam with not just anger, but sadness in his eyes. I knew what he was feeling. I was just in that position. Taken from my mate against my will. Left in a prison not knowing when the next time I'd see Justin was. All I could do was be thankful that we we're back together now.

Sam sighed. "As much as I miss my best friend, I don't think that we are equipped to handle the fact that she's a hybrid. What do we really know about vampires? How strong is she? Does she have control over herself? How could we help her? What if she attacks us?"

"Sam does make some good points" Francis pointed out. I saw Chase roll his eyes.

"Just because Sam's your mate, doesn't mean that everything she says is a good idea." Francis's eyes bulged out of his head. Everyone's eyes looked back and forth between the two.

"Wh-what do you mean? We're not mates." Francis said with a shaky laugh.

"I'm literally your best friend Francis. I know when something is up."

Francis looked at Chase guiltily.

"This teenage drama doesn't matter right now." Mr. Stepic said dismissing the announcement.

"We are not leaving Taylor with the vampires. We can chain her up here until she learns how to control whatever powers or strength that she possesses."

That man is crazy. I can't believe Taylor's father would chain her up, just so she wouldn't be around vampires.

"No." I saw confusion cross Mr. Stepic's face as he looked at Jason.

"We will not be chaining up MY mate. I don't care how much you hate vampires. If Taylor needs to be with them to learn control, then so be it."

Max and Charlie's mouths dropped to the floor. Jason crossed his arms over his chest. I could see his eyes glazing over with tears. He closed his eyes took a deep breath. When he opened them the tears were gone.

"Taylor deserves to understand who she is. I'd rather be apart from her than watch her suffer here. She'd be miserable and you'd be no better than the vampires." he spat towards the older alpha. With his last words, he turned on his heel and walked out of the room.

"So I guess it's decided. We let Taylor go for now." I said following Jason out of the room.

Jason's POV

I walked out of the room as fast as I could. I felt tears start to run down my cheek.

"Hey." I felt a hand on my shoulder and closed my eyes.

"It's going to be okay Jason." I felt Jess's arms wrap around me and couldn't hold it in anymore. I let out a sob and hugged her back.

"I miss her so much Jess." We stayed like that in the hallway for a couple of minutes. It felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. Just the thought of letting Taylor stay with her brother made my chest hurt. Jess's hands rubbed my back as she tried to comfort me.

I pulled away and attempted to wipe the tears off of my face. I could see Jess trying to figure out what to say. "I'm sorry. I just don't know what to do anymore. I haven't seen Taylor since she was taken and I have no idea when I'll see her again. I just-"

"Shhhhh. It's okay Jason. Let yourself feel. It's okay to miss her. It's okay to feel lost. You're doing the right thing by letting her find herself. We'd do more harm than good if we took her back here." I nodded. Jess was right, but that didn't make me feel any better.

"Maybe we could find some witches who could help us get into contact with her." Jess suggested. I like that idea. I tried putting a smile on my face.

"Yeah, we could do that." I tried racking my brain for names of witches, but couldn't think of any. Wolves and witches don't talk much. There wasn't any bad history between us, we just don't intermix with each other.

"What about the witches that Mr. Stepic used to spell Taylor?" Jess was clearly better at this than I am. She's the brains of the operation. You're the muscle. Hey. I can come up with good plans. Mhm. If you say so. I rolled my eyes. Gabe, you're not doing much to help. I never said that I was good at making plans.

"How do we even contact them?"I asked ignoring my wolf.

Jess's eyes lit up at my question. "We could do some sneaking around."

I agree with the sneaking around part. I rolled my eyes. Gabe really loved being a trouble maker.

"Don't worry Jason. We'll figure this out."

——————

Hey y'all! Hope everyone is doing well. I got this update for ya. (: stay healthy 💗