Chapter 24 - Date/Revelation

Mallika's POV

I was waiting impatiently for Sumedh to arrive along with Kira. My eyes keep glancing back and forth between Dau and the door. At this point, my patience to make more small talk wore off, as I was just thinking about the next step Sumedh and I had to do. 

Dau and I were playing some video game, in which I was being a sore loser, thanks to my impatience. I saw two figures entering the house. I was so happy to see Kira that I squealed. Calm down, Mallika. The point of all of this is that it is a surprise to Dau and Kira.

I hugged Kira and gestured for her to sit next to Dau.

"Mallika, I need some help on something, will you come with me for a second?" Sumedh spoke and I took this as my cue, leaving the lovely couple behind us.

Once we were out of their sight and they couldn't hear us, I spoke.

"You brought everything? We'll need fairy lights, a few candles, a small table, 2 chairs.." I kept on speaking until Sumedh put a finger to my mouth.

"We've spoken about it Miku, don't stress yourself. We have everything, let's go now!"

Sumedh brought me to the backyard of their house. It looked very nice in itself, we just had to add our touch to make it proposal material.

This was going to take us atleast half an hour, so we went back to inform Dau and Kira that we were going to make some popcorn so that we can watch a movie.

We went to the backyard and started our preparations. Firstly, we set up a tent in the middle, we took the battery operated fairy lights and set them on the bushes around the tent to create a more cosy atmosphere. Then, we set a table and two chairs inside the tent. I lit candles and tried to decorate the table as well as I could have, while Sumedh got the food we had ordered from the backdoor so as Kira and Dau wouldn't find out.

When we were satisfied with the result, we high fived each other and proceeded to call the lovebirds. I took Dau to one side and Sumedh went to talk to Kira.

"Dau, today is a very special day. Kira likes you very much. All you have to do is muster the courage and propose her. You guys will be a great couple." I tried to prep Dau.

"You know I've been thinking it's about time to tell her. But tonight.." He hesitated.

"No Dau, it has to be tonight, tonight is special." I patted his shoulder to encourage him.

Sumedh was already walking towards us with Kira. We dragged both of them to the backyard.

"Now's the time! Enjoyyy!" Sumedh and I said, while pushing them to the backyard.

Dau and Kira were in awe of the set up. Their eyes twinkled when they looked at each other. And our job here was done! It was all up to them.

Dau's POV

Mallika and Sumedh had already left us, giving us some excuse that they were going to watch a movie. Here I was, sat across the table with Kira. I fiddled with my fingers and started looking around.

I didn't know what to say or how to start. I wasn't good with girls. So I spoke what first came to mind.

"The decorations look nice!"

"Yeah, yess sure! It does, actually." Kira responded straightaway.

"Umm.. Are you hungry?" I said looking at the food in front of us. Are you for real, Basant? Food? You have to propose her.

"Yeah, why not?" Kira laughed nervously, almost. Okay cut it out now Basant. You guys have been partners in crime and matchmakers as well. Propose her. Do it.