Prologue

** Ok so this is my first story so I'm sorry if it starts off bad, but I promise things will get better! Also thank you for taking time out of your day to read my story. Enjoy xx**

 Photo on the side is Damien --------------->

Prologue – Cadrian's Pov

Today was the perfect day. The sun was out and shining like it just knew this was a day of celebration. The breeze blew gently and faintly you could hear the birds having beautiful conversations out loud. I looked at all the people surrounding me, dressed exactly alike in their matching robes and caps. It was kind of weird knowing that after today, I probably wont speak to most of them ever again.  I guess thats what happens when High School ends, but it's still weird to think about. 

I noticed how everybody has blinding smiles on their faces and it made me feel good to be apart of the happiness you could practically taste in the air. The graduation ceremony was beginning to come to an end with one final speaker. I was feeling antsy to hear Damien's speech. I looked across the field to the stage, where Damien was. He sent me a smile when he noticed , pointed to the principle who was giving a speech and rolled his eyes. I laughed quietly, knowing he felt the exact same way as me.

“ And now, I'd like to represent our valedictorian, Damien Hayes.”

Polite applause sounded through the field as Damien made his way to the microphone. I thought it was so bitching Damien made valedictorian. I was so proud of him, I could burst. I knew how bad he wanted this. He planned a speech before he was even told he got the part! Well, that's Damien for you.

Damien tapped the microphone to make sure it worked. He smiled at the crowd and cleared his throat. To anybody else, all they would see was a confident young man who knew exactly what he was doing but I knew better. I didn’t miss the nervous glint in his eye or the way he was tapping his foot, a habit he did when he was either nervous or uncomfortable.

“Good evening Ladies and Gentleman. It's an honor to be up here, giving our class some last parting words and I'm extremely grateful to be given the opportunity” Damien started, looking down at his sheet of paper where his speech was written. A couple of seconds of silence passed before Damien sighed and balled up his piece of paper.

“ Oh fuck it.” 

You could basically hear everybody's eyebrows raise in surprise, that was so unexpected. The teachers on the stage looked at Damien in shock, the parents no different.

“I know you guys don't want to hear a boring speech that basically sounds like it came straight from a thesaurus’s ass.” A couple of people in the crowd whooped in agreement and I found myself rolling my eyes in response.

“ Now can I just say that we're finally done?” Damien looked at the crowd of students with a broad smile on his face, “ I mean we fucking made it! It's over. Can you honestly say that without a smile on your face the size of Texas?” I laughed along with other students, liking where this speech was going.

“ Enough with that though, I want you guys to do something for me.” Damien paused to make sure we were listening, “ I want you to turn to you're right and look at the person next to you.” everybody obliged and turned their heads. Josh DcCree, the schools Emo kid was sitting next to me.