Chapter 1

**Pic of Damien to the side**

**2 Months Later**

“ Yes, Dad. Everything is fine. I'm standing in front of the dorm as we speak.” I rolled my eyes while looking at the towering dorm building that I would be residing in for my college years. In appearance wise, the building wasn’t all that impressive. It was made of dull, brown bricks, with rows of windows that could really use a good clean. It looked more like a prison if anything. What a welcoming sight, I thought bitterly. I was still irritated that my dad wouldn’t let me room with Damien in his small apartment he has a couple blocks away. That was an argument I would hate to repeat.

SLAM!

I jumped at the sound of Damien shutting the trunk of the taxi next to me, lugging my suitcases behind him. He threw me a lazy grin when he caught my eye, winking at me before leaning through the Taxi window to pay the driver. I admired his muscular back before remembering I was in the middle of a conversation.

“... And just because you're eighteen does not mean that you can do whatever you want now. I said yes to college in New York but living with a boy unsupervised, even if it's Damien, is where I cross the line.”

I sighed and tried to keep the irritation out of my voice. I failed. 

“Dad, I'm not even going to humor you with this conversation anymore. We've already did this in the past. Its over. Done with. Now can I please let you go so I can get settled in? Please.” Damien gave me a look when he heard my tone, telling me without words that I need to show more respect. I just rolled my eyes in response. I've heard that lecture too many times before and I don't quite fancy hearing it again.

Through the phone I could hear my dad sigh, like I was the one being difficult. “ Alright. Just call me sometime this week. I meant it when I said I don’t want you becoming a stranger.”

“Like you would let me even if I tried.”

“Touche.”

I rolled my eyes and smiled a bit. “Ok, Love you, Dad. I really have to go now.”

“ Alright, Love you too, Kiddo. Tell Damien I'm holding him responsible for your well being.”

“Sure thing. Bye.” I snapped my phone closed and turned to Damien with a wide grin on my face. He raised an eyebrow at my expression but couldn’t stop himself from smiling too. “Why are you all of a sudden a ball of sunshine?” He grabbed one of my bags and started walking toward the dorms. I grabbed my other bag and caught up to him, smirking when I noticed the girls around us giving Damien appreciating looks. Damien didn’t seem to noticed and if he did, he just didn’t care.

“Can you believe this, Damien? We're in New York! New York fucking City!” I could barely contain my excitement. I looked all around me, soaking in the differences the unfamiliar city had against my hometown.

“ Jeesh, What's up with the foul language? My God, You'd think I was friends with a trucker.” Damien smirked at me and put his arm around my shoulders, showing me he was just playing. I ignored the glares I got from that simple gesture and focused more on the sights around me.