Chapter 6

After we got all of the boxes loaded into the house, we collapsed onto the couches, completely and utterly spent.

"Man, I am never doing physical labor like that again. Ever." I explained in a monotone voice. Damen groaned and nodded next to me. Currently, I was laying on the biggest couch with my legs in Damons lap. Finn and Drew were slouched on the couch adjacent from us.

"Psh, please! And what physical labor would that be, Cade? Barking out orders at us while you raid my pantry?" Damon asked me incredously.

"Umm, excuse me, but I also brought up a box!" I exclaimed, quickly setting it straight. How dare they accuse me of not doing anything? And I dont know what they're talking about because raiding that pantry was no walk in the freaking meadow. Damen couldnt organize worth shit so I had to move everything around just to get to what I want. I swear, I almost broke out into a sweat!

" What are you talking about, Cade? You didnt even bring that one, little box up all the way! As soon as you saw me coming down the stairs, you handed it over and bolted." Finn spoke up, scoffing. He rolled his eyes and leaned his head back, muttering under his breath. " Brought up a box my ass..."

" You know I dont need this! I can leave, the door's right there!" I said, knowing they wouldnt kick me out. There's no way they wouldnt want my presence around.

"Bye!" They all shouted, even the sweetheart Drew. Well, the once sweetheart. Now, he was just a filthy traitor. 

I scoffed and relaxed back in my seat. "You all are just lucky I cant feel my legs." I let my eyes drift shut for a minute, knowing I wouldnt be able to get any sleep. Oh well, a girl can pretend. I felt Damen start massaging my legs softly, and I mentally smiled. That boy always knows what to do.

"So, Cade, ready to start school tomorrow?" Finn asks, looking at Damen rubbing my legs but obviously choses to ignore it. Which is good, I guess. People have never gotten my relationship with Damen and always assumed something was going on when there wasnt. It was really pretty damn annoying.

I groan and snuggle deeper into the couch. "Dont remind me, Worthy. The only thing I'm excited for is dancing and even that's lost it's appeal now that I know who I'm paired up with." I respond, smirking, knowing that Finn wont be able to let that go. But just as he opens his mouth to retort, Drew beats him to it.

" What kind of dancing do you do?" He askes, looking straight at me. God, a girl could really get lost in those eyes...

Oh right, I have to answer now.

"Ballet. My mom kind of pushed me to it. She used to be a ballet instructor so naturally, I took some of her classes when I was little, fell in love with the dance and the rest is history." I answer, trying to keep my voice from wavering. I felt the familiar tightening in my chest whenever I speak of my mother. Truth be told, I never really like ballet that well, but I would always attended the classes because that look of pride whenever my mom watched me dance was everything I ever needed to see at that time. And then when she ... left ... ballet was the only connection I had to her, so I kept dancing. 

I felt Damen grab my hand and give it a squeeze, probably knowing where my thoughts were leading. I smile gratefully at him, knowing he'll always be there to bring me back down when I get too lost in myself.

Drew looked at me thoughtfully. "I bet she's really proud of you." I could only smile back, not knowing if I would agree with him.

"Oh shit!"

We all turn our heads to Finn in surprise, surprised at the sudden outburst.

"Whats up man?" Damen asks, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. Im sure I look just the same.