Epilogue

Matt's POV

Daniel and I sit around our near-empty table, eating our dessert in silence. Today hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. Sam and I are now on good terms for the first time in ten years. She stands at the bar with Noah and Kiley, reminiscing about their lives, I bet. I'm glad that she has finally made up with her family. Noah and Kiley are the best people I know.

After me and Kiley's encounter five years ago, she left the church of Mormon and began working as a beauty therapist to put herself through college. She graduated with a degree in psychology — she once told me that she's always wanted to understand broken things. I don't recognise the Kiley from five years ago. She used to be someone so tormented by her father's abuse that she became reckless and started having random sexual encounters to numb her pain. That all changed when she met her now-fiancé Ari, who has helped her learn to trust men again.

"I haven't seen you all night," a feminine voice says from behind me, her hand on my arm.

I look over my shoulder to find Jenna, wearing a smile as she takes a seat beside me.

"That's your own fault for not telling Anna about you two" Daniel rolls his eyes, "you know, I don't know how I feel about you dating my sister after hearing all your stories about Sam"

"Sam?" Jenna cocks a brow before laughing, "how funny, she spent the night telling me about your breakup"

I smirk "didn't you tell her that you've already heard that story?"

Jenna shrugs, licking her full red lips, "well, I may have not mentioned that we're dating...she's your ex and I didn't want to make it weird"

"Right" I nod, taking her hand and looking into her chocolate brown eyes.

"Wait so you played dumb the entire night, listening to Sam ramble about her breakup with your current boyfriend?" Daniel folds his arms.

"It gave us something talk about?" Jenna grins, "besides Matt is my favourite subject, after all" she leans in and kisses my lips gently, allowing me to taste her sweet tongue.

Jenna Williams — Anna and Daniel's sister, my girlfriend. The woman in my life who taught me more lessons during our relationship then I've learnt in my entire twenty-seven years of living.

"I don't want to see that" Daniel objects, "get off my sister"

Jenna and I both laugh.

"What did Sam have to say?" I ask Jen.

"Your version of events line up perfectly with hers" she explains, "did you apologise to her like you said you would?"

I nod, studying my girlfriends face. She makes me want to become the best version of myself possible and live the greatest life imaginable. How did I get so lucky to find her?

"Yeah, I did" I assure with a smile. "I finally got closure"

"By closure, he means he got his money back" Daniel corrects.

"No kidding?" Jenna widens her eyes.

"I got it all back," I can't help but grin before her again, "I love you"

"I love you too" she kisses me back, taking a seat on my lap. I wrap my arms around Jenna, holding her close to me. "How did you go with the drinks?"

I smile "Virgins all night"

"What!" Daniel cries, "you've been sober all night?"

Jenna and I exchange looks and smile.

"Matty and Anna organised with the bartenders to only serve him virgins all night, even if he asks for alcohol" Jenna explains, looking into my eyes.

I'm six months sober for the first time since I was sixteen. I have Jenna to thank for believing in me more then I could ever believe in myself. I couldn't have ever done it without her.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Daniel looks over to me but I can't keep my eyes of Jenna.

"I didn't want anyone to know I'm sober..." I admit, "I don't want to make a big thing about it"

"Hey, look" Jenna points behind me. "Anna's throwing the bouquet"

"One, two, three!" Anna cries as throwing the bouquet behind her to the crowd of screaming women.

I hold Jenna in my arms as watching the crowd on the dance floor. Just as the bouquet flies through the air, Noah walks across the dance floor with his cellphone pressed against his ear.

"Noah, get off the dance floor" Someone laughs just as the bouquet of flowers flies towards him.

Noah snaps his head in their direction where he sees the bouquet only inches away from his face. He catches it and widens his eyes. Jenna and I laugh as the crowd of screaming women run towards him.

The end.

——————————————

A/N

Hi all, I wrote this book years ago so the original ending was one that I honestly hated so I've spent the last few weeks trying to come up with something better. The original ending had Matt and Sam still in love with each other then they get back together (which I honestly hated).

I'm so obsessed with this ending as I feel like it wraps up the book perfectly. Please let me know your thoughts!! What do you guys think of Jenna and Matt being together?

Thank you

- Rose xx