Chapter Twenty-Eight

Matt's P.O.V

2011 was a big one for me. It was around March when I met a woman. Her name was Roz Kelly and god she was beautiful. I remember the day I met her like it was yesterday.

She was a guest at the hotel, whose reservation wasn't in file. I was already in the lobby and thought I would see what was going on. Roz was my first girlfriend after Sam. I should have married her.

"So why didn't you?" Daniel asks me.

"Well Matt-" Noah starts.

"I'll get to it" I roll my eyes.

"You're last girlfriend was five year ago?" Daniel questions, "so that's why you drink so much? Because you don't get laid regularly"

"Can I please go on" I beg him.

"Go on" Noah begs, "go on"

So me and Roz were good together, but I had the tendency to throw myself into my work. My mum warned me early on that if I continued to not be around then I would lose Roz — but I didn't listen.

"What are you doing?" Mum asked me while I sat at my desk, doing paperwork in my office.

"Working" I responded simply.

"On a Saturday? Shouldn't you be with your girlfriend"

"She's knows I'm working" I kept my eyes glued on my laptop, refusing to look up at her.

"Matt listen to me" mum raised her voice, "you better play your cards right or else one day you'll wake up and she'll be gone" she warned.

I remember that fight that Roz and I had, right before we went to Anna's twenty-first birthday party that was held at my hotel.

"You're always working! Its always work work work!" She cried. "We never have time for us"

"What do you want from me? You want me to quit my job and sell my share of the hotel!" I mocked her while we stood on the top floor, in my bedroom.

"I just want you to be present in our relationship is that too much to ask?" She sighed.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

"Matt, guests are arriving" my mum announces from the other side if the door.

"I'll be there in a second" I told her.

"We'll continue this later" Roz clenched her jaw, storming out the room.

When I made it downstairs to the bar, I wrapped my arms around Anna.

"Happy birthday" I kissed her smooth caramel cheek.

"Thank you" Anna smiled with her red lips, "do you know if Noah is coming?"

"Yeah he's coming with Chace and Demi"

"Oh, I didn't know that they were back together" Anna admitted.

"Yeah, they got back together after Diana's funeral" I explained, "yeah they're stronger then ever"

Anna's phone began screaming from her pocket.

"Sorry Matt, will you excuse me" Anna said to me as pressing her cell phone against her ear. "Hello?" she greeted before disappearing into the crowd.

"Hey, have you seen Roz?" I asked Brody and Angie who stood in front of me.

"Nope," Brody shook his head.

"I saw her in the ladies room a few minutes ago" Angie told me.

"Have you seen Anna" Tori quickly approached us.