Chapter Four

Matt's P.O.V

It was six months into the year when I attended another party thrown by somebody at Riverside that I hadn't met yet but was a friend of Chace.

I noticed that Sam was drunk again.

Why is she always the first one plastered at every party? I wondered.

"Geez, what's up with Sam?" I asked Noah.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his brows

"I mean she doesn't waste any time getting hammered" I elaborated, "she could at least wait till everybody else shows up"

Noah shook his head while sipping his beer.

"Don't worry about her" he tells me.

It was pretty hard not to. I was starting to think that Sam had serious issues and started to feel bad for pissing her off so much.

"Is everything okay...like at home?" I lowered my voice in concern.

Why did I care? I guess I knew all too well what it was like to have the family from hell and hoped to whatever God there is that she didn't have that too — or worse.

Noah firmed his gaze and clenched his jaw in anger...or perhaps it was fear.

"Matty, don't go asking questions about Sam..." He begs, "you have no idea what you're asking about..." with that, Noah left my sight.

I clench my jaw and scan the crowd carefully until I see Sam. Taking a sip of my beer, I watch her stumble forwards, onto a guy I've never seen before.

How can I not worry about her?

The party began to end around three am. Sam was almost always one of the first to leave because of her curfew.

However, that night was different. To my surprise, she hasn't left yet. Instead, I remember her being drunk out of her mind and trying to get the key into the slot of her car door.

I was stunned.

How has no one realized that she was trying to drive herself home? She can barely stand, let alone drive.

"Sam, what are doing?" I asked as walking towards her.

She didn't answer me and continued trying to open the door. I rolled my eyes and quickly grabbed the keys from her little hands.

"Hey!" She cried as scrunching up her beautiful face and slapping my chest. "Give it back"

I shook my head slowly, looking her straight in the eye.

"There's no way in hell I'm letting you drive!" I yelled.

"I'm fine!" She argued.

"You're wasted!"

"I'm am 100% sober!" She screamed as tripping over her own feet, dropping to the ground, face first.

My eyes widened in horror as she started laughing hysterically. Sam looked up at me which is when I find that her cheek was scratched and bleeding.

"Has your nose always been that big?" She cocked a brow.

"Jesus" I sighed. I searched my surroundings quickly to find Anna and Noah walking towards Chace's car. "Noah! She's completely out of it man"

"Get up" Noah ordered as taking her arm and helping her up onto her feet.

"What are you guys going to do with her?" I asked.