Chapter Seven: An Adventure Ahead.

Fyrian felt odd, having two strangers touch her wings. Ali was gentle, following the curves of her bones and treating the odd anatomy of a winged creature with respect. Meghan was sugar-sweet, worrying over the palm-sized hole burned in her left wing, trying to think up ways to heal the dragon so she could fly. "There's no healing my wing, I'm afraid." Fyrian sighed, "It's a birth defect, I've had it since I hatched." 
Meghan settled her hands on her hips defiantly, "Nothing can't be healed!" She declared, shining with determination and confidence. "I'm afraid this can't be," Fyrian repeated. Meghan sighed, running her fingertips over the sensitive skin on the edges of the wound. Ali stopped petting her strong wings, causing Fyrian to turn around and face her companions. Meghan took a deep breath, "We're about half a day from the nearest town, and from there it's three days to the capital. The king is looking for a healer for his son and I'm confident I can fill the role. After I do what the King asks, it's a matter of asking for you two to get escorts home.  Ali noticeably paled, "Uh, about that...." He rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm.... homeless. I lived on the streets- err, not many roads in the desert, but you get what I mean." Meghan's face steeled and Fyrian narrowed her eyes. "Then we're asking if both of you can return to Del'ani." Meghan declared, with Fyrian nodding in solemn agreement. "Kearna as my witness I will not allow you to live on the streets in good conscious." 
Ali seemed unsurprised at this decision, shrugging. "Thought that might happen. As long as I can keep my bag." 
Fyrian sighed, grabbing a basket and hustling out. "What're you doing?" Meghan questioned. "If we're going to take our time before we leave, we may as well be productive with it." The dragon pointed out, moving to pick the ripe strawberries around Meggy's cottage. 

Fyrian felt her mind slip into her earliest memory...

"mom..?"

"You have no mother."

"B-but..." 

"Burning sun, it is paramount you remember what I say."

"Okay, tell me. I'm ready."

....there was nothing more.

She snapped back into focus, realizing she had done a three-card reading in her daze.

The Sun.

Star.

And Moon.

Fyrian sighed and gathered them, standing and turning to where Meghan and Ali awaited. She had spent longer than she thought in that memory.

a/n
------------------------

Shorter than I intended, but IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN. 

Those celestial bodies are gonna keep popping up, start getting used to it.