Chapter Five: An Untimely Arrival

Meghan was enjoying her lovely tea with the interesting dragon when she felt a shift in the energy similar to when Fyrian had appeared. She went outside, curious.... To see a white-haired Djinn standing in the middle of her yard in shock, holding a gem in his hand. "Hello?" She asked the djinn, curious. He had tawny skin with red undertones, gem-toned eyes, and wind-swept white hair. Meghan felt her heart jump into her throat, much like it had when the red dragon had appeared. "Wha... who are you?" a rough, sand whipped, deep voice asked. "M-Meghan!" She squeaked nervously. "I-I'm... Ali." He mumbled, tucking the gem in his pocket. "...Come in, have tea with me, the more the merrier~!" She invited cheerfully, motioning for Ali to join her and Fyrian in her house. Ali followed behind, looking around at the warm little cottage. Meghan began introducing herself as she had done before and motioned to Fyrian. "And this," she began, "Is Lady Fyrian Harkins!" The dragon blushed, "Oh, there's no need to call me Lady, Meggy, simply Fyrian will do."

Fyrian looked to Ali and smiled, "But yes, I am Fyrian Harkins, and you are?"

Ali shifted uncomfortably, the warmth of the sun yet the chill of the wind clinging to his sand-beat figure. "Ali... just Ali."

Fyrian smiled warmly, the smile making Meghan's heart race. She touched her chest, the unfamiliar feeling of warmth blossoming in her cheeks making her raise an eyebrow. What could this be? She wondered. Her guests made friendly conversation while she prepared tea for the djinn, adding no sugar. She handed the tea to Ali, sitting at her own spot. She could hear Conn, Kitt, and Jack discussing the strangers, how do you think they came here? And, when will they go home?

She made a mental note to scold the boys for hoping they go home soon, they're her guests and they may stay as long as they like! She listened to the conversation and refilled drinks, the day drawing on slowly.

Night fell and she decided that they would stay since their homes were both so far away. "One of you may take my bed, the other shall take my chair and I can sleep under the stars." She declared. The others all burst into, 'i couldn't's and 'it's your house's. She shook her head, "Either one takes my bed or we all do!" She declared once more.

Fyrian shifted, "I suppose I shall take the chair." She decided.

Ali nodded, "I can sleep outside," He tried, but pointed looks from both the girls got him to take a seat on the bed. Meghan made her way outside after ensuring both of her guests were comfortable, laying in the soft grass.

Her mind wandered to her first memories.

Flashback- four-year-old Meghan

....loud.... Dark.... Where am I...?, Momma?
"Your mother left you, little one."

Who is that? What are you?!
"I suppose you could say we are life. You are our child."

Your... child...?

"Our child. Your mother has left you for the forest, but we shall care for you, as we do for all who are lost..."

A/n-

dun dun DUN! We've got all three in the same spot, we've got the first sprouts of something new, and we've got some of the Hermit's mysterious past...