Chapter Two: Will' O' the Waves

Meghan emerged from her run-down cabin, her blue-tinted skin and rune-covered arms (a result of a spell gone wrong, scars buried deep into her arms that were no fault of her own) catching the Aqular sunlight in a beautiful way. She brushed wisps of her long, black hair out of her face, a happy, auburn blur of fur running out between her legs. A blue streak and raven followed in closely, causing the starry-eyed girl to grin. "Jack! Kitt! Connwaer! We have to go to the market today." She giggled softly, water-fae chillness showing through. Jack, in his small sprite form, dove into the seven feet of black-as-night hair upon his master's head- well, Meghan insisted he call her his sister instead of master. Connwaer, or Conn, the Raven, sat upon her shoulder happily, and the fox, Kitt, jumped into her basket. She hummed as she started through the intensely magical forest, a lullaby she had known all her life. She paused at a fork in the road. "Oh, dear. Which way is the village?" She questioned aloud. She didn't go often, it had been about two months since she last went to the tiny, lovely village on the edge of the forest, but she knew it was down one of these two paths. "Left or right, Conn?" She asked the raven on her shoulder. He tilted his head for a moment then raised his left wing. Meghan nodded and started down the left path, humming once more. She continued on, speaking to her familiars, the ones she called her brothers. Her seven-foot hair hung in a braid, two feet missing from it. A few weeks ago, she had ridden a horse, and forgotten to tie her hair back. Her hair, of course, got tangled in the branches and she had been forced to cut off two feet of beautiful black hair. But, weeks ago was weeks ago and now is now, so she just focused on walking down the path. Her bare feet felt the magic of the world around her as she continued on, trying to find her way to the town. Strangely, the walk felt much longer- she had been walking for half an hour or so, but the town was yet to show it's lights and the forest was yet to end. She just kept walking but stopped as something passed within her peripheral. "A will'o'wisp...." she breathed softly. She set her basket down and placed Conn and Jack in the basket with Kitt. She walked towards the wisp, her eyes glued to its translucent blue figure...