𝓼.ix

"two medium cups of iced caffè mocha and two vanilla cream puffs to go, tachibana-kun!""on it

"on it."
"order up!"

(y/n)'s eyes gleamed in happiness as she pressed the call bell with her palm after stating her catchphrase. oh, how she missed that action. the action that quickens the staff's pace of work. however, despite the pure joy she was feeling, excitement arose through her system as she caught a glimpse of bakugou sitting on his usual seat, giving him a wave before focusing on her work. it looks like she gets pretty serious whenever it's work we're talking about.

"so, she's in charge of waitressing and handling all the staff all by herself. that explains why their service became quicker. i really hope she dies because of overfatigue." katsuki scoffs and sipped on his drink with his eyes locked on the female's figure, giving her an intent stare that anyone would feel unsecured for, but (y/n) didn't mind.

ever since the issue yesterday, bakugou became conscious of his appearance in the shop to the point he decided to wear something new today. he wore a black hoodie with a 'die!' text imprinted on the front part of the clothing and a white cap to hide his fiery orbs.

"no shit, she really is serious about earning money." he sighs to himself as he averted his sight away from the female and to his phone, scrolling to some messages he finds annoying.

"boo." just as when he was about to put his phone down, the familar voice of the female whispering near his ear sent a million shivers down his spine, causing him to let go of his phone due to shock. luckily, (y/n) caught the falling object in the nick of time.

"so, you really are a regular here, katsuki! sorry if i took too long with handling the team." the female apologizes, sitting on the vacant seat beside the hotheaded male.

bakugou snatched his phone away from her hands, scowling as he gave him a glare, saying, "i didn't visit here for you, shithead."

(y/n) giggled and nodded her head as she stared at the male intently with a small smile plastered on his face, wanting to ask a question.

"how is it?" she asks with a grin, expecting for a positive feedback, but bakugou only answered with a shrug before putting his cup down, arms crossed together.

"eh? you come here every single day, katsuki. at least give off a commentary once a week." the female whines, rolling her eyes as she crossed her legs with her hands rested on her thighs, comfortably sitting on the pastel-colored stool.

bakugou sighed in defeat and gave her a glare, but of course, he really wants to keep his composure and avoid the same situation that has happened yesterday, replying, "the drink and the cheesecake's flavors changed."

as soon as (y/n) heard his comment, a smirk crept up to her face before she stood up and dramatically spun around, now with a wide grin.

"correct! what you're having right now is a customer special made by yours truly! it's just some sort of remix to your usual order for staying loyal to the shop. tastes good, right?" she giggles excitedly as she leaned beside his face with her hands resting on the male's broad shoulders, which caused bakugou's breath to hitch, but he didn't bothered to blast the female away.

"huh, is that so? no wonder it tasted like rats." bakugou unconsciously teases with a scoff, which caused (y/n) to purse her lips together as her support on the male's shoulders started to fall, standing up straight.

"you know, though i'm a waitress, i'm also in charge with the special orders in this café." she starts off with a sad smile crawling up to her face, her right hand resting on the counter-like table as she let her hair fall over her beautiful (e/c) orbs, but bakugou didn't bother to give her a glance. he just kept on munching on his food with his ears listening to every word she says.

"not gonna lie, when i got the news that a certain ash blonde customer daily visits this shop, i was delighted and practiced a special order so that i can make it for him once i got back on duty." she explains, her voice trailing off as she clenched her fists together, but bakugou kept on being silent, giving her a quick glance by the side of his eye.

"i didn't care who it was and thought to myself: i'm going to give this person the best special order. i told that myself over and over as i perfected my skills on that even though i'm not really confident when it comes to exerting too much effort on a stranger's food." she adds, her voice cracking here and there, and boy did that squeeze the male's heart in extreme guilt. he mentally gritted his teeth in annoyance because of what he felt.

what the fuck, bakugou? he asked himself inside his head, but (y/n) went on with her words.

"i'm not telling you this to feel bad for me, katsuki, alright? i just really want to thank you for coming here everyday. well, i'll get back to work now! oh, and if you can't finish the meal, ask one of the waitresses to throw it out for you. gotta blast!" she ends her explanation with a smile before running to the shop's staff, resuming her own work.

bakugou ended up not saying anything to her little speech, but he did notice how different the smile was from what she normally displays. it looks sorrowful rather than being filled with joy.

sighing in annoyance, bakugou cussed to himself, "it's delicious, you fucking bastard."

"