the audition

Another day alone in her quiet apartment alone is what Danielle 'Dani' Jennings was used to

It has always only been her, her music and her big empty apartment for the last 2 years since she moved out to LA to become Gustavo Rocque's Assistant and co-collaborator; even though he claims he likes working alone.

She is usually at Rocque Records working on music but was given the week off because both Gustavo and his other Assistant and talent scout, Kelly Wainwright went out to search for Rocque Records next big thing. Dani would have tagged along the only thing was she didn't want to miss class so she stayed in LA.

It was the last day of Gustavo's scouting in Minnesota and what Kelly has told Dani they haven't found anyone talented enough but Dani still has hope.

Dani was currently sitting on her couch with a cup of Hot Cocoa and her keyboard trying to work on a new song as she waited for Kelly to call with news on if they found a star or not.

'What you want, what you feel
Never quit, and make it real'

....

"So what you're telling me is that this kid talked Gustavo into bringing him and his friends out here to LA to make them a boy band?" Dani questioned, as she paced back and forth in her living room. "And Gustavo actually gave in?"

"I was desperate, okay!" Gustavo exclaimed through the phone, causing the girl to pull it away from her ear.

"It's a long story, but we are leaving the airport right now, so we should be at the Palm Woods in about 15-30 minutes." Kelly explained, the sound of yelling was heard in the background. "Meet me in the lobby, then."

"Yeah, of course." Dani agreed as she stopped pacing. "See you soon."

Dani sighed after she bid her goodbyes and ended the call, knowing that she would be surrounded by four teenage boys soon.

The thing that confused Dani the most was that Gustavo agreed to bring them out here; he must have been extremely desperate if he let them talk him into it.

She checked the time on her phone to see it was already noon, so she decided to go chill at the pool and write a little before Kelly and the boys got here.

The girl grabbed her bag and songbook before making her way out of apartment 2K and towards the elevators.

As Dani made her way through the lobby, she said hello to Buddha Bob and Bitters before making her way out to the pool.

When she got to a pool chair, her focus went straight to her songbook as she hummed lyrics as she continued working with the melody that was stuck in her head.

Go and shake it up
What you gotta lose?
Go and make your luck with the life you choose
If you want it all, lay it on the line