Chapter 17

Aubree's POV

Burying someone you loved once before had to be the hardest part of a funeral. As the coffin is lowering, you think about all the times you didn't get to spend with them.

All the unspoken conversations you wanted to have. This person held a huge piece of my heart, I couldn't hate them for the pain they put me through.

Although they should've been held accountable. I just couldn't play the blame game.

Six shots, they were dead before the other five hit them. It was clearly over kill.

Tears streamed down my eyes, as I dropped the rose in the lowering coffin.

August held me in his arms, as I cried softly.

"It's okay baby." He soothed me

"The twins will never get to spend-." I cried even harder.

They hugged my legs at that very moment.

They looked up, small tears in there eyes.

Kaiden and Jaiden were the best thing that happened to me. The only good that came out of me and Kings relationship.

Yes, my two babies were his. But August still treated them as if they were his own.

Today burying my own mother had to be the hardest thing. My three kids will never get to spend any more time with their grandma.

My twin had moved out the house, and lived with Xavier, and my mother was left there.

One night a group of men came in, gang raped her and shot her once in the head, and five more in her chest.

I finally felt like I was where I needed to be in life, and then this happened.

I only had been reunited with my mother a few years ago now she's gone.

Nobody had any answers, but I suspected her past had come back to haunt her.

As for King I only see him on our occasional court dates.

He couldn't come within 500ft of me, other than that.

He had no idea the twins were his, and I hoped to keep it that way.

That night 2 years ago, I left out on a stretcher, two broken ribs, a broken arm, and my nose was broken in three places . After a few minutes in the hospital I slipped in a coma for 2 months.

Aug stayed by my side the whole time, and I was glad he came to the rescue before King could shoot me.

As the cops dragged him out, he swore he'd get me back, as blood leaked from the bullet wound August put in his back.

All the men in my life had been working to build a case against him, including his own brother.

He got charged with possession of drugs, battery and assault, having a concealed weapon, the list goes on and on.

His original sentence was 11 years, but it got chopped down to only five and a half.

Know one knows how, but it's suspicious to me not to long after he gets out my mother just ends up dead.

Not to mention, I always notice the same black car following me.

August told me I was just being paranoid, and King wouldn't go that far.

I relaxed for awhile until Kaiden told me one day at pre school a strange man came up to them at recess and gave the kids candy.

He then saw the man whisper in another child's ear, and the little boy snatched the sucker he was eating, and gave it to the guy, and he put it in the plastic baggy, and walked off.