Chapter 7 - Hunter's Morning

You woke up from your sleep, stretching your limbs and yawning as you woke to a Hunter's Morning.

"Ugh." You mumbled to yourself before throwing your body out of the bed and taking a shower. Despite having slept a good twelve hours, you wouldn't mind getting a bit more, but once you had some blood and food in you, you'd be active and struck with the moon's desire.

When you stepped into the shower, you realized just how much your senses had been enhanced. You winced and gasped slightly at the feel of the warm water and quickly shuffled out. Usually, warm water wasn't much of a fuss. But the water was way too hot and it was only set just above room temperature.

You rubbed at your burning skin and changed the setting. You turned it all the way to the ice cold feel of snow and stepped in, sighing in relief and pleasure as the burn on your skin subsided. You could feel all of your senses relax, only for goosebumps to rise on your skin.

Vampires weren't one for hot temperatures, and on Hunter's Moon, it only made it worse. As you stood in the shower, you let the nice, cool water soothe you before finally washing and heading downstairs to make breakfast.

You stretched a little before digging in the fridge to pull out the ingredients for smoothies. You knew no one would want a big hot breakfast, so you decided on smoothies everyone would enjoy.

Everyone slowly made their way downstairs, drained and out of it from the hit of the morning. You greeted softly but lazily, everyone else replying the same way. Ryan, Chase, Rebecca, and Rosanna sat on the stools in front of the counter and watched as you made "breakfast".

Everyone else joined in the living room or outside in the patio. Liam walked right into the kitchen and began helping you. You threw the stuff in the blender and braced everyone for the noise, the sensitivity of everyone's hearing this morning would not be friendly.

Just before you finished the smoothies, another arrival walked into the house with a bag slung over her shoulder. You turned and smiled when you saw Camille walk in. You'd hoped she would be here this Hunter's Moon. She was another dear friend of yours.

She was kind and she knew how to have fun. She also had a mom mode that really helped whenever the twins got out of hand or Alex and Rebecca started being rude. You all smiled at her and gave her your hugs.

She smiled softly, still feeling lazy from the Hunter's Moon. "Sorry I wasn't here yesterday, Vector. I was held up a little longer than expected.

"No worries, Camille. Come on in, Y/N's making smoothies." He told her. She smiled at you, gave you another hug and a few kind words and headed to put her stuff in her chosen room and take a quick shower.

Soon enough, everyone had a smoothie and a choice of tea or coffee and you were all sitting in the living room quietly. Until everyone was had something in their system, no one was up for any kind of socializing.

When everyone was finished, you all seemed to have more energy but you were still in need of blood. Vector gathered the herbs and began making the drinks for Hunter's Moon. He mixed together the white sage and valerian in with blood he'd had in the Hunter's Moon stash.

He gave you all each a cup and you all drank from it, the white sage and valerian working to storm through your system. The white sage was to weaken your senses, the predator's urge to hunt, while the valerian calmed your body and mind. It kept your emotions from getting out of hand from the mood swings as a result of the moon while also keeping the sage from hurting your body.

You sighed after you drank from your cup and set it on the table. Your eyes had flickered red and they'd be red for a while. It was the time of blood lust for vampires, and as a result of that, your eyes flickered red with the urge to hunt. Throughout your time year, whether you fed a lot or a little would affect the color.