chapter eight

A fun swear chapter, courtesy of the Bat Clan. (I don't like having these litte notes on both ends of the chapter so I'll say it now. Enjoy the chapter~)

---

Jason had decided not to return home the night of the broadcasting and settled on his and Roy's apartment and not the one in Gotham but in Star. Just to be safe.

It was the next morning, however, and he didn't want to get out of bed just yet. Roy would make him go back home to make things better. He just knew his boyfriend would make him do that. He could feel it because despite Roy's rebellious nature, he was such a goody-goody sometimes. Unlike Jason, an anti-hero-villain now, Roy was a proud hero known as Arsenal.

Roy finally opened his eyes and turned over to find Jason squeezing his own eyes shut. "Well good morning to you too." He paused for a bit, knowing Jason saw it coming. "Dick's probably worried you've been mentally poisoned or something. You should go home."

"Fine."

That led him to where he was two hours later. Jason dismounted his motorcyle he had parked near a Gotham zetatube. Then he made his way up the steps leading to the mansion's entrance. As soon as he unlocked the door and entered, Tim jumped on him with a glare. "You're alive! I can't believe you're a villain now! Is that even okay? Are you allowed to even live with us now-."

"Tim. Calm down. I'm sure Jason has a good and hopefully reasonable explanation." Dick approached with arms crossed making Jason roll his eyes and let go of Tim.

He nodded and rubbed the back of his neck when even Bruce and Alfred entered the room. "Yes, an explanation. I have one. And that is that I joined without consent. Renegade made me join. Some assassins kidnapped me and brought me to the team. Yeah, so that's my 'reason'." Alfred was first to question him out loud. "And you did not refuse, master Jason? Surely if you did refuse, you would have gotten injured in the process. Perhaps even be released. Perhaps killed."

Jason shook his head. He honestly still couldn't believe that after three years, he was the only one in the family that knew Damian was still alive. If this was how they all felt about him being a villain, he didn't want to know how they'd react to knowing Damian was alive and a villain. "Well, I never told you guys but Renegade and I are. . . friends. We're close. There, I said it. He dragged me in because he knew I wouldn't and couldn't refuse, okay! Come on, don't give me those looks. Seriously. I'm not having it." Tim pulled out a batarang and threw it.

To his surprise, Jason dodged the fast attack. "Tim! What the hell!"

"Friends! With that monster! How can you do that to Damian! How can you be on the same team that killed our brother? What is wrong with you-" Jason shoved him backward. "Shut the fuck up! You don't know me at all if you can say any of that! It's no wonder I keep my life such a fucking secret from you assholes! No wonder Damian wanted to die! You're all so selfish! I can't even-hey!"

Dick grabbed the front of Jason's shirt and pulled him close to deliver a deadly punch straight into Jason's face. The younger of the two groaned and sent his own punch. The first Dick dodged and the second was a knee to the gut. "Boys!" Bruce hurried to separate the two but only got a punch in the side by Jason and a kick in the back by Dick. Dick was growling at him like a rabid animal, feeling nothing but pure raw emotion for their youngest brother. The brother who didn't get to live a life as long as any of them.

"What do you mean Damian wanted to die! What reason did he have! Why did he only tell you something like that! You're such a piece of shit sometimes, Jason! Why you? I cared for him the most!"