chapter seven

Four people stood inside a conference room in the League of Assassin base on Infinity Island.

They waited for three other people.

Gathered around the table sat Damian, Shimmer, Terra, and Icicle. Rose was on her way along with Jade and the Cheshire. In that group was Jason, who was being kidnapped and dragged there as they spoke. Some assassins were sent out to kidnap Jason because he wouldn't willingly run straight into enemy lines, an assassin headquarters. Therefore Damian felt the need to have his adoptive brother kidnapped and brought to him for recruiting.

The double doors of the room slammed open and in came Jade, eldest daughter of Sportsmaster, more known to others as Cheshire and the 'sister who stayed' as a way to mock her younger sister still in the hero business. She removed her mask and claimed the next available seat which happened to be right next to Terra. While Damian sat at the head of the table furthest from the door, both Terra and Shimmer sat on both sides of him, opposite of each other. Across from Jade was Icicle, nearly asleep in boredom who also paid no mind to the new arrival or to anyone else in the room really. No doubt Rose would be next, probably to sit next to Jade.

There were more females in his crew.

That was an unexpected move. Well, it wasn't like he minded. More girls meant there was bound to be more drama and excitement. Besides, he trusted their powers. Terra was still learning how far she could control her abilities the same way Icicle was and he knew he could help train them to utilize their powers better despite not having powers of his own. Then there was Shimmer, physically enhanced like Slade and Rose were. Last on the team were the normal and complete humans, Damian, Jason, and Jade.

It was still quiet as they waited.

When they all heard the angry shouting, Damian sat up in his seat because they all knew who the next person to arrive would be.

Red Hood.

The doors opened and two assassins, both heavily built adults, entered with the anti-hero in hand. "Thank you for bringing him unharmed. Dismissed." They let go of Jason and turned then exited the room. Before the doors could even completely close, Rose slipped through them and came to a stop right behind Jason. "Oh, this is a pleasant surprise." She peeked over his shoulder. "I'm last. Unfortunate. Whatever, let's get this meeting started!"

Jason turned to face her. "Meeting? About what?" Rose pulled his mask off of his face with a smile as he nearly wrestled her for it back. Damian clapped his hands.

"Everyone, please take your seats. Here in this room, I expect everyone to get along. Each one of you will introduce yourselves, legal name and known title and occupation. Shimmer, you'll start. We shall go around."

"Hm, fine. Selinda Flinders. Shimmer. Villain. Look forward to having you all as teammates." She winked and the next person began. "I'm Jade. Crock. Daughter of Sportsmaster, yeah, I'm sure you've heard of me. Villainess." Shimmer wowed with a smile. "I should have said villainess too. Sounds so wicked and fierce. "

"You know it."

Rose was next. She gave a lazy salute to the group. "Rose Wilson, Deathstroke's daughter. Anti-hero. Name's Ravager. Good luck having me. Next person." Everyone's eyes landed on Jason next. He crossed his arms and scowled. "Fine. Jason Todd, the dude Joker killed with a crowbar. That's me, yep. I'm that one's-" He pointed at Damian who sat directly across from him at the table. "-older brother. Go by Red Hood, anti-hero. By the way, I'm here without consent."

Damian decided to ignore him and turned to the next person. "Real name is Cameron. Mahkent. My dad's the original Icicle. You all can call me Icicle or Junior, I don't care. Status? Villain. And Iook forward to being here." Next was Terra, who gave them all an awkward wave. "I'm Tara Markov. My power is controlling rocks basically. Ha. Yeah, just call me Terra, I don't have a villain name or anything. I kind of just wander. Yeah."