chapter three

School became hectic.

He did promise an explanation to his friends and classmates and provided them with one. It wasn't exactly a flat out lie nor a full truth.

The explanation was simple.

While in Metropolis for business, he was suddenly attacked and the nearest hero was Superboy. Of course what actually happened was similar to the story but not entirely correct in date, time, and reason.

Now, Damian was readying himself for the gala a few hours away from now.

Apparently, Slade called in and there was going to be a few appearances during the annual Gotham winter gala. Slade would be there for sure, out of mercenary uniform but still on a mission. His mother would also be there but as a guest, courtesy of his father who still remained clueless to Damian knowing his other parent. Lex Luthor was also a party attendant but for no evil purposes, simply to mingle and enjoy the party like he has done for years prior to now. Selina would also make an appearance since she was given an invite by Dick, who she 'adopted' when he was first Robin years ago. There would be plenty of hero attendants as well. Oliver Queen, an obvious seeing as he was one of Wayne Industries' closest partners. Wonder Woman would also be there as well as Jon's dad. Artemis, as Green Arrow's 'niece' would be there the same as Roy.

It's not that the heroes didn't know who their villains' secret identities were. Actually, both villains and heroes, most of them at least, could pinpoint who their rival was in a crowd in a heartbeat, but they all chose to attend the event in peace because while being a hero or villain provided entertainment, making connections, networking, for work during the day was equally as important as bringing justice or wrecking it.

Since there would be so many villains attending, nobody could be blamed for the death of whoever was going to die that night. All the heroes could assume it was a third party, which is why Slade and his mother teamed up with Harley and the Joker for the night to intervene right before Slade would kill their target. It was the perfect coverup and Damian very much admired their way of thinking and deceiving. It was just so perfectly planned out, it brought him satisfaction.

Damian smirked at his polished look and admired his suit from head to toe. Of course he didn't want to brag, but he was blessed with looks of both his mother and father. The door of his room suddenly slammed open and a dressed Jonathan Kent ran in at full speed. Out of habit, Damian pulled out a hidden knife and launched it at his attacker before he could get to him. Jon barely dodged it and gaped at the knife stuck in the door frame. "You could have killed me!"

"I could have ruined your attire. Apologies."

Jon squawked in response but let it go and sat on Damian's bed. He held up the sketchbook sitting there and flipped through the pages with a smile. They were carefully crafted drawings, detailed to the very last space, filled in and blended perfectly. It was perfect and real. Damian, no doubt, was the absolute perfectionist of the century.

He'd found a few drawings of them and awed at the intricate designs because his were most worked on and it showed. In each page that held a drawing of him, there was a printed photo of him there as reference.

Jon huffed. Damian wouldn't dare admit it, but he was as hopelessly in love as he was himself.

How long does it take to finish up? Jon watched Damian wander around the bathroom and room and into the closet a few times looking the same everytime he changed position or location. Rich people are so weird. Jon wanted to roll around and flop around in boredom but he'd crinkle the suit. If he did that, he'd be scared of Damian's reaction and violent scolding at him about appearances.