chapter two

For the past few weeks, Damian woke up in the morning at a normal time, six am to work out a bit and then get ready for school after. When he works out, he works out like any teenager would in a gym, run a few laps, bars, weights, but he didn't train. No, to his family, he'd officially quit his life as a hero and pursued a normal career.

As he was the son of Bruce Wayne, Damian focused more on his studies and Bruce found his grades shoot up more than they already were. While he was already one of the most intelligent at the school, he easily became part of the top three in his grade.

Not only academically, but socially, he was able to attend his father's gala's and look forward to seeing the new friends he's made from school. Teenagers from his grade, below, and above.

Since he quit being a hero and became a villain, his life's been overall easier and less stressful and draining. It was just so much happier and he felt liberated.

While they all flew for the name Robin during the night, he doubted anyone in his family, besides Jason, knew what it felt like to be free of the responsibilities that came with being a hero and with being a Robin.

Now, it was seven-ten and Damian happily slid down the railing of the staircase and into the dining room much how Jason did every morning.

"Goodmorning father. Grayson. . . Drake."

Bruce sat at the head as he always did and set his papers down to look at Damian. "Goodmorning Damian. You're excited." Damian sat in his seat with a grin. "Yes. I'm going to Kent's today and we shall have a sleepover. It will be fun." Tim looked at Damian next. "Have you ever been to a sleepover?"

Damian fell silent and slumped. "No. But Kent said sleepovers are fun so we're having one. He said they're better on Friday nights too. I don't understand how but I trust his judgement when it comes to being a 'normal kid'." He used air quotes to emphasize his point.

Ever since he dropped being Robin, nobody ever came to him for help in missions or help solving a case or pinpointing Joker or some random rich person needing protecting. They all just left during the night to patrol which is why Damian was granted so much freedom so he was able to just leave the mansion and go out as Renegade without an ounce of difficulty.

The final member of the family entered the room and as he made his way to his seat, Jason ruffled Damian's hair and then let gravity drop him down to sit and face his already waiting food. Tim, out of all of them, was most surprised by the affectionate display of their fearless brother. "Since when were you two so chummy?" Jason stopped moving and stared at his fork in amazement. He laughed quietly and shrugged. "Don't know. When he became normal? He's the only normal person in this family. I think part of me always wanted a younger brother, ya know? Tim and Damian are fourteen and thirteen and evem though I'm only sixteen, they're both way more mature than I am so I never see them as younger siblings, ya know?" Tim nodded a little in understanding.

"You're actually. . . right?"

Jason and Damian stared at each other. Damian turned away and shoveled food into his mouth with a small pout. Dick felt happy watching his brothers get along with each other, and judging by the looks and smiles on both Alfred and Bruce's faces, they thought the same thing.

When the time came to go to school, they were all in the car already and driving away.

On the ride, Damian, against Alfred's wishes, was on his phone and texting his best friend from Metropolis.

Kent
hey Dami! ready for tonight??

Dami
Yes. I am. Should I zeta to Metropolis?