iii. the lost city of merlen

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER THREE:

THE LOST CITY OF MERLEN

★ ★ ★

"Runskin is right. The Wizarding world does need to be reformed."

"I told you already I agree."

"But not by him."

"Them who?"

"Isn't it obvious, you?"

Silver eyes burst open.

Aurora's Black's first thought was that she had died, again.

A series of broken gaps leave her lips as she tried to catch her breath. She thought she was in the cellar, she thought Runskin would be coming down any second with a new task.

    This was until she heard voices, they were faint like they had been whispering. Her eyelashes felt heavy against her lids but she could see upwards. Whatever she was lying on was not a cold, harsh ground but felt like an armchair of some sort. The ceiling above her was golden and she could make out small lumps trailing along the wall. It was yellow like the sun which she could feel dotting on the side of her face.

    The sun? Was her first thought, she had not seen the sun in months.

    She knew nothing for a few moments before all at once the pain resurfaced like a slap to the face.

He gives her a perplexed look, "Of course I know who you are—"

"Oh thank god."

"You're one of my students, right?"

Aurora tried to push Sirius off but it didn't work, she screamed at him to stop but he wasn't listening. He was pressing in on her ribs and every pain felt maximized because of how weak she was. She could barely scream out at him. The small bit of hope in her that was left turned to her mum for help but she was extending her hands—

"Keep going west and don't look back." He told her and she squinted her eyes.

       Quickly she sits up and she hears her spine crack whilst she does so. She lets out a groan of pain. That's when she realised she had been out for a while. When she looks around, she is in an unrecognisable place. She is in a room full of strangers. It was not Runskin's castle, instead, this was an entirely new place. Her memory was dizzy. What happened?