xxxii. the night after

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO:

the night after

               The night of Hestia's party, Aurora found herself asleep in bed in the early hours of the morning.

That was until she felt droplets of water dripping on her nose and she instantly woke in a fright. She lit her bedside candle and looked up to the ceiling where a piece of enchanted parchment hung above her head. She knew it was from Pierre as he had done this before.

Meet me in the library, make sure no one follows you.

It's time.

P

For a moment she lay in her bed, tempting to close her eyes and pretend she never received the letter. Pretending she didn't have to go through this painful action of placing all the curses in her body. However, her mind travelled down the hall where Luke slept and then her eyes cast a glance outside towards the waves. Harry was probably sleeping as well in some luxurious hotel room. She couldn't let anything else happen to them. She had to do this. She didn't have a choice. Although everyone would argue otherwise, failing to see that if she didn't do this then Sirius would be hurt or Luke or Harry would be.

Her mind travelled back to when she saw the aftermath of both Harry and Luke of being cursed. Their bloodshot eyes. The blood smearing down their cheeks and jaws. The way they could barely move their joints.

She could tell that being cursed was effecting both Harry and Luke with every passing day. They both seemed to growing sicker and weaker, she couldn't bare to see them get worse.

She had to do this.

With determination, she rose up from her bed, tiredly rubbing her eyes. She got dressed. When she left her room, she flinched when Louis stood outside her door.

"Why are you awake?" He raised a brow.

She replicated his confused expression. "Why are you awake?"

"I'm on night guard," Louis stated slowly, gesturing to the metal armor he was wearing. Just the chest plate as she convinced them when she first arrived to ditch the ridiculous boots and headgear.

"Makes sense. Keep working." She winks before disappearing down the hall ignoring him shouting that she was supposed to have someone accompany her if she left her room.

She entered the Library once Louis was out of sight and she was sure no one had seen her enter. She walked down the steps of the cold library, looking for the man but she saw no one. She stopped at the steps of the bottom stairs with furrowed eyebrows at the fact the man was not there. From the corner of her eye, she saw something moved and Pierre stepped out from behind one of the bookshelves.